my fresh find

Mike Stevens

PCS Member
We found a church truck at a local antique mall. It was made by the Weber Funeral Equipment Co of Ohio. The tag says it was patented in 1925. No history on this as the seller had it in a mall type shop. The center is a stained glass panel of a sunset, or sunrise, you decide. I have posted pictures in my album. If anyone knows more than I can find about the Weber Co let me know.
Yes, I know I have to learn how to attach pictures to my posts here.
Mike

Last edited:
We found a church truck at a local antique mall. It was made by the Weber Funeral Equipment Co of Ohio. The tag says it was patented in 1925. No history on this as the seller had it in a mall type shop. The center is a stained glass panel of a sunset, or sunrise, you decide. I have posted pictures in my album. If anyone knows more than I can find about the Weber Co let me know.
Yes, I know I have to learn how to attach pictures to my posts here.
Mike

Great find! Looks like a casket Bier. Antique shops are great!! I have found many funeral home items over the years. Just earlier this week I picked up a salesman sample burial Vault.

Wow, if I'm not mistaken, that is the one that was at Heart of Ohio Antique Mall that I posted a picture of back in like 2007! Nobody seemed to care then. I thought it was pretty cool, but the price was too steep for me to have it just sitting around.

Let me guess: Go into the mall, take a left, go about half way down the main aisle and take another left into one of the booths right up against the front wall, and it was tucked into a corner all folded up?

Glad somebody finally picked it up. I was just there last weekend too...

my casket bier

Todd,
You are right on with that info. Shelley was playing music for the open house at the mall. I went thinking I could walk the mall and not find anything. As it turned out I found this and a piece of Springfield history too. Anyone ever heard of a Westcott automobile? I don't remember seeing a posting about this item before but maybe that was before I got on site.
It was a bit pricey but they take offers at the mall. They relayed my offer to the owner and we got a deal. I think the stained glass panel was worth the price. It looks good in front of the fire place.
Now if I could just find a truck with the Buckeye Products name on it.
Mike

Terrific find, Mike! I sure want to see a picture. I have an old church truck, too, found back around 1990 in a funeral home in Lagrange Indiana. I really don't even remember WHY I stopped there to visit, but I do remember their prep room being tiny. My truck was also manufactured in the early '20's, and is very strong, and rolls amazingly smoothly. The only time I use it, actually, is at Halloween, for a setup I do for the kids. The cheesy shipping casket was used to ship someone to Columbia City, Indiana, back in 1967. Tom

Attachments

• DSC_0039.jpg
    DSC_0039.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 200
Back