'62 Superior Combo in Texas

'62 Superior Sovereign limo combination. Superior made tons of limo styles in this year range but seeing a Sovereign makes it just a bit more special. Refreshing reading an auction description where seller put forth effort & pics for a change. :thumbsup:

realistic informative and a no reserve. you get it and some were around $40,000 later you can have a really nice car. spend 10 and you can have a sharp car. but the key is everything is there. will all most everything something strange about the back window

realistic informative and a no reserve. you get it and some were around $40,000 later you can have a really nice car. spend 10 and you can have a sharp car. but the key is everything is there. will all most everything something strange about the back window

Ed,
Car was originally black and the paint is pealing on the back door window frame. I agree with Attila in that I love the early '60s Sovereigns!

Back window is right. That's the one they used in the Sovereign.

There is trim which was painted to match body color. Retaining clip is top center.

Pinch weld molding is what goes around rear convertible body. How are you attempting to apply that term to a coach? :confused:

12377351414_a7e32a7637_o.jpg

There is trim which was painted to match body color. Retaining clip is top center.

Pinch weld molding is what goes around rear convertible body. How are you attempting to apply that term to a coach? :confused:

I said "I have never seen one with out trim on the pinch weld". I did not say there was a pinch weld molding missing. the correct term for that molding surrounding the glass would be reveal molding. the point were the two panels are placed together and spot welded would be called the pinch weld. I think I took this test back in trade school in 71.

but thank you and John for pointing out that on this modal they got cheap and painted the reveal molding. so now how bad is the rust on that lower one?? I can see rust on both of the cars pictured. it's this kind of stuff you can't get any more that makes the task of restoring a car difficult. then when you get to looking and see that all of them are gone. will there's trouble in River city.

by the way that top center piece is not a clip but the filler piece. it slid over the molding to fill the gap were the joint is. if this molding is put on like most of superiors it's screwed to the pinch weld from the inside with a whole bunch of tiny self taping 00 Philips head screws that are rusted in place also.

Last edited:
Ed,
Yes, any painted reveal moldings are a real b!+ch! Imperials used a embossed textured, painted reveal molding around their rear windows from '69 through '71 and they rusted out badly if the car sat outside for any extended period of time. These reveal moldings are impossible to find in a salvage yards(as are the cars themselves) and scare as hen's teeth NOS. Probably the single most sought after part for any '69-'71 Imp.

well im high bidder now and I assure you there was no shell bidding on this one anyway. ive been bidding since it hit the block. rare car to find in this shape for reasonable money in my opinion.

NO not shill bidding this is the zero feedback game players if they win it you can't contact them. One poor guy has had a 93 Caddie Brougham at least eight times and everytime his winner has been a deadbeat. The car is running yet another time now. If the seller has any smarts he will cancel the bids from them. This is on going on vehicles on Ebay at the moment a sorry situation. Ebay needs to do what Public Service Auctions is doing to prevent this game playing. Most of their auctions for vehicles require a 10% credit card charge to be put forth they only charge your card if you win but they check it before you are allowed to bid. Perhaps if Ebay started a similar thing with Pay Pal it would separate the real bidders from the a******s for now this is where its going. No offense Kyle I know you are real you post came as I was typing this thus I edited.

Last edited:
Some vehicle sellers do state in their listings that "All 0 feedback bids will be canceled immediately unless arrangements are made with the seller". Probably a good idea to list vehicles that way to eliminate this issue.

No offense to new bidders (everyone starts at zero). I have just been victim of the shill game and the bidding looked odd. One seller ADMITTED he shill bid so he didn't have to pay a reserve fee. I did report him, yet he is still allowed to sell.
A Soverign would go nicely with my Royale, but my wife doesn't see it that way. I hope you win it.

Btw, Kyle, what did you buy out of Denver?

denver

No offense to new bidders (everyone starts at zero). I have just been victim of the shill game and the bidding looked odd. One seller ADMITTED he shill bid so he didn't have to pay a reserve fee. I did report him, yet he is still allowed to sell.
A Soverign would go nicely with my Royale, but my wife doesn't see it that way. I hope you win it.

Btw, Kyle, what did you buy out of Denver?

63 caddy Fleetwood 75. like the one I used to have. but sold. this one needs very little to be nice. restored in 99 but driven 8k since then. I like it. I was bidding on the 62 but went to dinner with the wife BEFORE valentines and forgot to raise my bid. I would have paid 4k but doesn't matter now. thanks. and again 450 bucks from Denver to Houston. good deal.

63 caddy Fleetwood 75. like the one I used to have. but sold. this one needs very little to be nice. restored in 99 but driven 8k since then. I like it. I was bidding on the 62 but went to dinner with the wife BEFORE valentines and forgot to raise my bid. I would have paid 4k but doesn't matter now. thanks. and again 450 bucks from Denver to Houston. good deal.

Woulda... Shoulda... Coulda! I guess that you didn't want it too badly!

Back