Detailing the 73 Lifeliner

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dean Wilkinson

Finally got my car out of the shop and have spent the better part of the last 3 days detailing the outside and got started at the inside. Surprising what a can of rubbing compound and a good wax can do for a tired old paint job. Hope to have it a showable condition so I can at least enjoy it this summer and will hopefully send it for body work and paint in the fall.

3453608683_cb66eea408.jpg

3453608379_57c66e6646.jpg

3453608511_fbaeba6533.jpg

3454421912_81880fe4e4.jpg

that's all you need to do to clean her up good bath and run the wheel over her. there is a man selling the filler panels that go under the head lights. be sure and get them before you get the body work done. know some one else that waited. but he can tell you were to get them. I need them for my 73 also. but what I really love to see is the inventive ways people broke up the two tone to make the car there own. who would have ever thought there would be so many ways to paint orange and white.

Looking Good

The car looks great! I am working on the Pontiac right now getting ready for my season opener car show next weekend. Got her washed and the chrome cleaned yesterday hoping to wax her tomorrow.

Damn.........

Wow Dean, is that even the same rig? That is beautiful and you have done an AWESOME job cleaning her up. To me it looks like you got it repainted.

Cannot wait to see it this August in Flint!

Ricahrd

Wow Dean, is that even the same rig? That is beautiful and you have done an AWESOME job cleaning her up. To me it looks like you got it repainted.

Cannot wait to see it this August in Flint!

Ricahrd

Richard,

It is all in the angle you shoot the picture!

You guys with your detailed '73 Lifeliners are putting me to shame. I'm glad Ron is working on his Pontiac; if it were the Superior hi-top he was detailing, I'd really have to get on the stick to get my '75 Lifeliner done.

Keep up the great work!

Dean- that is most likely the original floor/ our 73 C/B hearse had that floor -I believe they called it "Rosewood"-Kevin

Excellent comparison photos!

A perfect illustation of how two ambulances on the same chassis, made by the same company, in the same model year...can be equipped so differently, right down the the location of the rear power ventillator.

May we open the doors and look inside?

ok now we see there is no room in back for the attendant. whats in the roll up door cabinets?? you show me yours, I'll show you mine on a separate thread. as this on is about lifeliners.

ok now we see there is no room in back for the attendant. whats in the roll up door cabinets?? you show me yours, I'll show you mine on a separate thread. as this on is about lifeliners.

Right now the roll-ups only have linens and a few first aid supplies in them. The rear here is weird because the attendant sits at the head of the patient making it difficult to communicate and to render first aid. The bench is an add-on.

Richard

that was the normal way in most of the cars. the bench was a option not put in most of them. twin attendends sets we the norm but some of them were placed were you could not reach the pt from them eather. the car was used for transport not as a mobile emergency room. now then why were you wanting the reco off e-bay when you have on all ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back