57 Eureka

Mark Jordan

PCS Member
A barn find up North., Body & trim look to be all there, but interior needs some attention. Way outside of my price range, but I always loved the 57 style. Tried to post a link but my kid's not here. Do a search on e-Bay for 57 Cadillac other & it will be there.

1957 Cadillac Eureka Hearse

I looked at the pictures, and as nice the possibilities of this hearse are for a restoration. For the asking price, I would expect to see some better pictures showing the condition of the entire car. It looks like the pictures were taken in a way that they only show what the seller believes is the best parts of the car, without disclosing the flaws. There are virtually no pictures of the rear of the coach, and the little that is shown of the interior of the rear, show that the side material is damaged, and will require a lot of expense to repair properly. I wouldn't doubt that you would have to do a complete cosmetic restoration of the interior of the vehicle. I am also wonder why there are no rollers in the rear of the vehicle, and what else that might be missing that will be difficult to locate, and expensive when you do locate it. I don't see this vehicle being worth the asking price of $25,000.

Selling a rare 1957 Cadillac Eureka 3-way hearse, matching #s car. This car is number 207 of 239 built. Runs great. Found in a barn in the last picture. Leaks a bit from trans but still shifts great. 99% original paint but I did put in new rockers. New master cyl, brake booster, shoes, wheel cylinders, brake hoses, exhaust, tires. New rad. I know of only 2 others in north america. Im sure there are a couple more. PS. PB, 365 ci. All glass is perfect except for pass door. Its cracked but its an easy fix, its the same glass that you will find in a 1957 coupe. I like it cracked. No rollers in the back. If you are looking for something rare here it is. Turn key and drive. When running people ask me to start it, I tell them it is running, its so quiet. This car should be in an museum. Sold as is where is. I would do a partial trade for a 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Seville. $1000.00 deposit non-refunable. With in 24 hrs, Call for more info 905-706-2747

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 144
Must have held there finger to long on the 0. They are a sharp car when done. But a vary expensive one to do. So that when sold there is big money asked fore one just trying to brake even. This confuses and fools people into thinking they have to be worth a lot even rough.

A couple of comments 57 was not one of Cadillacs better years. They has pretty well overcome the 56 transmission disaster but the A frames had a habit of tearing out of the front cross member requiring replacement of same. Steering boxes were troublesome. When a few years old rear bumper ends where exhaust came through rotted and were not repairable. Smart money in the day went to Midas and had new pipes bent with a down turn so exhaust did not exit trough bumper. I sold a friend who became an unfriend a 57 Eldorodo convert in 1961 he had it two months and crossmember rip out happened $650.00 then a month later transmission ,followed by the radiator and needless to say all my fault. I had a 57 Limo it drove and rode lousey. This hearse would need CLOSE inspection cross member cracking trans OK exhaust tips. I agree pictures look like only showing the good. The wire wheels are also out of place 57s had neat wheel covers I had a set on my 56 Packard Clipper hot rod put Packard Hexagons over the Cad center crest they looked cool.

Looks to be a 3-way that is, not only missing the table, but has also had the floor beneath the table cut out of it. Rarely are these 3-ways ever restored properly when they have gotten to this point. Insane asking price, given the coach's condition.

Back