Need '63-'64 Superior Pontiac chrome trim

I need the chrome trim piece that sits at the bottom of the passengers' side "D" post. 1963-64 Superior Pontiac. Can be from a low top or high top.

Attachments

• pont6iacsuperior part 2 012.jpg
    pont6iacsuperior part 2 012.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 410
If not opposed to replating, I can acquire this trim once season cools. Kurt Arends needs a few items in same yard.

8848_10151676601438221_1927903243_n.jpg

As a side note, Superior used same corner glass in '61-'62 Cadillac as they did in '61-'64 Pontiac. Looked to see if '61-'62 Cadillac D pillar trim matched. They're similar yet not the same. Add your '63-'64 Pontiac D pillar cross to '61-'62 Cadillac D pillar trim (making it one piece) and you have '61-'62 Pontiac D pillar trim.

it would appear that some one thought they could pry off the trim. damaging both of them. the lower one should be soft aluminum and it could be straightened. not to kill a sale but one thing you might try as the molding is no good that way. would be to take it off drill a set of holes in a 2x4 so that the molding could lay flat and put one more on the face and squeeze it in a vice. normal it just brakes on you but some times it lays back out flat and then a plater can make the repair on the break. either way your in for a re plat and not out if it falls apart.

damaging both of them. the lower one should be soft aluminum and it could be straightened. not to kill a sale but (snip)

No idea what you're looking at but the desired trim is one piece and made of cast pot metal.

Don't worry yourself about a sale Ed. $70 in fuel alone not including my time for a full day trip clearly puts me on the track to early retirement for a $20 part. The only item you kill around here is grammar.

yes I thought I was referring to the lower molding. I stand correct that die cast piece sets in between the aluminum on that one.

the procedure was to straighten the die cast piece. when you work for 50 cents a hr you learn how to fix things. any one can R&R pieces. but when you run out of cars to scrapped what you going to do. :)

Last edited:
Back