patch panel 57-58

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I'm not having any luck around here locating a 57 or 58 caddy 2 door we can cut a patch out of. the man before me made one out of tin and bondo but needless to say it did not hold up vary well in the climate the car was kept in. need about half the wheel well forward and from the rocker to the bulge on both sides and only the skin. we don't need any inner structurer as it's not the same as caddy. no one I know of is making any patch panels for these cars. so there is nothing commercial around. we could try one off a different brand Hearse as we are mainly interested in the lip off the wheel well and having that shape right. encountered a few gentlemen that think they are mining gold on these cars. but there has to be some still left hit in the rear or that lost the rear to a couch

Attachments

• IMG_3834a.jpg
    IMG_3834a.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0966a.jpg
    IMG_0966a.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 67
This is the sole '57 CDV I know of available that still has quarters intact. Your mining gold comment has more to do with value towards restoring Series 62 convertibles than a CDV or a procar.

Complete quarters have already been priced to me @ $450/pr. These are the only two pics I can find quickly. Not knowing what prices you're receiving and if this helps you out, I'd split them with you. Literally - by cutting along center of quarter spear and shipping you lowers for half the amount.

969992_10151626662603221_2069728244_n.jpg

970195_10151626662968221_765191430_n.jpg

$70 gas round trip can be divided with Kurt Arends as he needs something in same yard. Plus my time for removing. Plus shipping.

Being familiar with Larry's general pricing, then learning he needs $650 for one rusty incomplete door off that coach.....good luck getting anything remotely near a fair price from him. :thumbsdown:

Purkey's Auto Salvage in Coffeyville, KS has a '57 Superior that I posted photos of some time ago. As I recall, the quarters were solid.

Back