E-mail account hacked

Terry Lange

PCS Member
I just found out yesterday evening that an old, unused e-mail account of mine has been hacked. Several of my old contacts from the days that I used this account have received e-mails yesterday and today, but all have had the sense not to open them.

I tried to cancel this account almost 5 years ago, but since it is a "free" account with no customer service component tied to it, AOL told me today that they still can't cancel it. (Go figure) They have, however put a block on it.

I suspect some of you may have been on my old contact list, so don't open any e-maiis from me if they are from AOL.

Yep

I got them but deleted them before opening them because it didn't look like your address.

Thanks for the heads up Terry! I received two of the emails, but I did not open them, now I will delete them.

When they find the little darlin's that do this kind of thing, instead of rewarding them with a fat cushy job as a "security consultant" they ought to just smash their fingers with a 12# sledge. That'll fix the little ba****ds!!!

I tend to be a bit radical on these things though!!

Back