My dad's Cadillac

Tony Karsnia - Deceased - 1971-2020

September 12, 1971 - November 2, 2020
Those of you who attended the 1996 PCS International Meet in the Twin Cities may remember meeting my dad and seeing his 1966 Cadillac. He is active in the classic car club in my hometown of Detroit Lakes, MN. Members of the club have had their vehicles profiled and aired on the local Cable access station, as seen in this video.

(My folks actually acquired the car in 1995)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAisuzUTDVs[/ame]

funny how wooden we get when we know the camera is on us. I got the ride shot gun in that car one afternoon. Tony took a couple of us up to meet his Dad. Dave had the 66 out so we went to lunch in it. she is a vary nice car. he is a Lovely man to talk with and a credit to his profession. I don't know what happened with his son. he has a couple other surprised in the building to if I remember right. thanks for sharing this and thanks for the 6Hr run up to meet him. we would do again anytime

It is a blue brocade cloth fabric.

brocade = a rich fabric woven with a raised design, often using gold or silver threads.

"I don't know what happened with his son."
Father and son are still trying to figure that one out too!

This one's not a procar, but thought you might enjoy seeing it:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fId60RaJUBo[/ame]

The color is known as "Mountain Laurel" over "Chantilly Polly"... He also forgot to mention that the car is equipped with an Autronic Eye, a rather rare and expensive option for the day.

Attachments

• 1956-cadillac-pg01.jpg
    1956-cadillac-pg01.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 288
Limousines

Beautiful car! It's funny how things change over the years. I was there in '96, but at the time my focus was on the funeral cars, especially the '64 Eureka stashed away on the back row of the parking lot. As such, I didn't really pay much attention to the limos, as I do now. I couldn't quite tell if Dave's limo has a divider or not. '65 & '66 had such beautiful dashboards, too. Can I see that front seat one more time, please?

Back