My "new" car.

394528_2910198108510_1067319864_3047244_1543447509_n.jpg

A 59 Superior Crown Royale endloader (with rear suicide doors).

Soooo...whos the Safe-T-Lock expert around these parts these days?

Alex

Neat car. Looks like a great find. If only the new cars coming out could have this kind of classy design.

Last edited:
Have to add that there is an incredible back story on this Crown that probably won't be posted publicly. Many people had a hand in getting it to Alex over a course of 980 hours (did I remember that right?) where he remained on pins and needles, with many twists, more downs than ups until it finally arrived last Friday evening, after several sleepless nights. Congrats again Alex - your unicorn is finally starting to saturate after that long road.

Not certain it is an endloader though. Like the odd original '56 S&S combination at auction last year (PA?), I think this is similar, having a flat floor, no jump seats, with reversible rollers - making a combination hearse/first call vehicle. Peculiar for such a high end model to say the least.

Wow

Wow guys. What a find. Let me know if I can do anything to help. I have done a lot of research on these things and have some parts sources.

Looks nicer than the one Brady started with and look at his now !

Good luck with the restoration. Keep us in the loop.

Post some more photos too.

Enjoy the journey,
Darren

:thumb:

Wow guys. What a find. Let me know if I can do anything to help. I have done a lot of research on these things and have some parts sources.

I will be picking your brain as much as you will allow!

Yeah, at some point Ill have to post the story on how this all happened. Atti was close. From the first phone call to touchdown in my driveway was 990 hours and 4 minutes. I actually have grey hair coming in my facial hair. I had lots of help from Atti and Scott Amsler on this deal, glad they where there.

This car seems to be a combo, Atti looked it up and the 604 tag number shows to be a combo, I guess because of the flip rollers in the rear. Other than that, its really set up otherwise like an endloader. I have some sheetmetal to replace, some will be purchased, some will be fabricated and I'm not sure how long the whole process will take but it'll get done.

Alex

Back