Fleet shots

The word of the day is, "bogus". There's something very bogus about this photo. Know what it is?
attachment.php

The '64 Superior Pontiac ambulance in the lower part of the photo is my car. That's right. It has the "Pontiac" roof sign and the fire department license plate that were on it when previous owner Lew Wallace owned it, and were on it when Lew sold it to us. The '64 Superior Pontiac combo next to it was also Lew's, although it never had the S&S tunnel light on it that's been scotch taped onto it. The photo was obviously taken at a PCS meet where Lew had both present, which was probably a Mid-Atlantic Chapter meet in the late 80's or early 90's.

Look at the other combos in the line, they also seem to have beacons of different sizes taped in place. And what is that at the far end of the line???

What gives?

A fleet photo of the first year of operation on Nashville Hearse Service of Nashville, TN that was a subsidy of the Bland Casket Company of Lebanon, TN. A fleet of 5 1959 Miller-Meteor Cadillac Futura Limousine style coaches. Nashville Hearse Service was operated out of the Nashville branch office of Bland Casket Company.

In reference to Adam Borkat's post on the 1959 Cadillac tail fin chrome tail light pods at least a couple of these 59 M-M's seem to have them.

Also note the " M-M Flite Trim" on the doors going back under the tail fins on at least 4 of the coaches!

From the files of Perry's M-M Sales. Lebanon, TN. Copyright Ownership Retained. Please don't take this picture.
Jeremy D. Ledford collection.

Did they have an ambulance service too? The radio tower behind the building seems to suggest it may have been used for dispatching...

Great photos Jeremy!

Abe

The newest edition of the Lyndon State College alumni magazine had an article about the history of Lyndon State Rescue (now Lyndon Rescue) plus a couple photos of their early ambulances in honor of the upcoming 40th anniversary. Lyndon Rescue's website has some great photos of their early rides - they can be seen here - http://lyndonrescue.net/page15.php

The newest edition of the Lyndon State College alumni magazine had an article about the history of Lyndon State Rescue (now Lyndon Rescue) plus a couple photos of their early ambulances in honor of the upcoming 40th anniversary. Lyndon Rescue's website has some great photos of their early rides - they can be seen here - http://lyndonrescue.net/page15.php

I see they liked the C/B Oldsmobiles, I would have to agree on the choice!

Maybe Mr Lichtman can help,back in the day of the old International rescue and first aid assoc. I vaguely remember a large operation we use to see pictures of "bethesda-chevy chase".anyone have memories of this...

Maybe Mr Lichtman can help,back in the day of the old International rescue and first aid assoc. I vaguely remember a large operation we use to see pictures of "bethesda-chevy chase".anyone have memories of this...
Wayne, Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad is alive and well today. I've been there and ridden there plenty of times. I'll post some of their fleet photos tomorrow.

Click Here.

In the S&S thread, I posted some photos of unique '80s vintage S&S Victorias owned by Washburn-McReavy Funeral Chapels of Minneapolis, MN. After being a loyal S&S customer for decades, McReavy switched to Eagle in 1996 upon receipt of this fleet of five Cadillac Ultimate hearses. These white cars had blue interiors and were straight endloaders.

You may recognize the setting as being in front of St. Mary's Cemetery on Chicago Avenue S. in Minneapolis, across the street from T&N United Coach Sales (formerly N.C.M., M-M Sales of Mpls.)

(Karsnia collection)

Attachments

• Thurs_5_240004.jpg
    Thurs_5_240004.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 1,130
In the S&S thread, I posted some photos of unique '80s vintage S&S Victorias owned by Washburn-McReavy Funeral Chapels of Minneapolis, MN. After being a loyal S&S customer for decades, McReavy switched to Eagle in 1996 upon receipt of this fleet of five Cadillac Ultimate hearses. These white cars had blue interiors and were straight endloaders.

You may recognize the setting as being in front of St. Mary's Cemetery on Chicago Avenue S. in Minneapolis, across the street from T&N United Coach Sales (formerly N.C.M., M-M Sales of Mpls.)

(Karsnia collection)

When these cars were a couple of years old, we purchased two of them. I loved these cars, they were good sized, they ran well, worked well and were overall great cars. I miss them!

A third was sold to the Gregory J. Norman Funeral Home in Grand Forks, ND. That car was recently traded back in on a new Eagle Cadillac hearse and is being offered for sale by Baines Professional Vehicles in Ramsey, MN.

The fourth car was sold to Beeman-Patchak Funeral Home in Boscobel, WI. That one was acquired by PCS member Paul Saether and used in his livery service based out of Blanchardville and Prairie Du Chien, WI before being traded to Jones Coach Sales of Bowling Green, KY on a newer hearse.

Sooner or later, number five may surface...

Tulsa Area A.S. (Sand Springs, OK)
1968 Cotington 48 (ex-PA rig)
1964 Cotington 42 (ex-?)
1971 GMC van (in house conversion)

(SL collection)

These photos were taken in 1971, just after the '68 arrived from Wolfington's in PA. The van was owner C. Ray Smith's second attempt at an ambulance conversion; his first was a GMC Suburban.

Attachments

• Tulsa Area.jpg
    Tulsa Area.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,103
Snapped these in Fort Myers, FL over the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_4353.jpg
    IMG_4353.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 822
  • IMG_5298.jpg
    IMG_5298.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 819
  • IMG_7399.jpg
    IMG_7399.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 805
Back