1974 Cadillac Fleetwood 6 door Limo

These pre 77 GM 6 doors rode even smoother than a Fleetwood 75!
:thumbsup::thumbsup: for the seller doing a buttzillion pictures!

A neat car to look at I had one a 75 BUT it drove lousy and thats why I sold it. The car just wallowed and swayed replaced shocks and put commercial chassis sway bar on to no avail. If they had started with a commercial chassis they might have had a winner .A regular Fleetwood was heavy in its own right then add the weight of the stretch and it made for swing and sway.

The ride is smooth, but much better when loaded up with a gaggle of friends. I really wish I could keep her, but I'm not able to put time into her anymore with 2 little girls to chase after!

Please let me know if you have any questions, this was my second professional car.

Thank you,

John

Armbruster-Stageway six-door Cadillacs

The three prototypes were commissioned by Pat Mace (Central Ambulance and Central Services [trade embalming and livery service]) in Tulsa. He bought the '74 Fleetwoods and had them shipped to Ft. Smith for conversion. The center doors had Plexiglas windows that were stationary.

Charlie Ninde purchased these - along with a '75 Victoria, a '74 Sovereign Landaulet, and a '76 Fleetwood 75 - from Pat in 1978:

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showpost.php?p=31010&postcount=44

We used the six-doors at Tulsa-Whisenhunt through 1989. They were great cars that held up well.

The three prototypes were commissioned by Pat Mace (Central Ambulance and Central Services [trade embalming and livery service]) in Tulsa. He bought the '74 Fleetwoods and had them shipped to Ft. Smith for conversion. The center doors had Plexiglas windows that were stationary.

Charlie Ninde purchased these - along with a '75 Victoria, a '74 Sovereign Landaulet, and a '76 Fleetwood 75 - from Pat in 1978:

http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showpost.php?p=31010&postcount=44

We used the six-doors at Tulsa-Whisenhunt through 1989. They were great cars that held up well.

I gotta say it Steve, I'm really impressed with your depth of knowledge as it concerns this car and pro cars in general. I read, I learn ! :applause:

frame less windows and all. be a mystery why they would use a plastic glass in the center. but the boys in fort smith did a lot of 6 doors

We owned one of the three of these 74 Armbruster Stageway Cadillac 6 doors about 10 years ago. It was white with blue interior and some very questionable
blue velvet on a couple of the door panels. We bought it out of Kentucky and the guy had "Caddy Shack" painted on the rear of the car.

Wow, I've definitely learned a lot more about this car in the past week than I've been able to dig up before. This particular '74 has glass center windows (which of course don't roll down).

The car generated some interest during the first auction round, but it didn't come close to it's appraised value. Any advice on how to reach the right person for a car like this? I don't have a lot experience selling professional cars, just appreciating them and sometimes being lucky enough to buy one here and there.

My suggestion would be relist it. You have good pictures and a great description. Skip the reserve part use Buy It Now or Best Offer. make the BIN what you would like to get and then listen . There could be someone out there who wants it. Remember in an auction it depends on two or more bidders to make a price one bidder can be ready to go to $10000.00 but if bidder number two quits at $8500.00 all the auction ends for is $8600.00. Also add that all low feedback bidders (4 or less) or bidders with negative feedback must contact you with a phone number so you can call them to verify how they intend to pay or you will cancel their bid. This gets rid of time wasters and BS artists to some extent.

Peter, thank you for the sage advice, makes perfect sense. I've relisted the A-S; activity so far has been much improved! This is my second eBay car auction. I didn't have much luck last time, a deadbeat bidder won that one. I was able to work it out with eBay, but it made me a bit gunshy.

Back