my 49 S&S and friends

John Royark JR

PCS Member
I went to a huge rat and traditional hot rod show in Dubuque, IA a few weeks ago and thought I would post some pix I took of my S&S. I know the car is very dirty, but so was every one else's, it rained off and all on all weekend.
First, I saw this ambulance service and just had to get a shot.
Second, me, and world famous Tattoo artist best known for his traditional style Oliver Peck (also a judge on the show Ink Masters) stopped by while on a road trip, very cool laid back guy.
The next few of the pix was a photo shoot for one of the rat rod magazines, so I had to take some right along with their photographer. Too bad they got the bad side of the coach.
The last one in the hotel parking lot, I think this truck will fit in the back of mine.
1949 S&S100000.jpg

Oliver Peck 3.jpg

DSCF5076.jpg

DSCF5078.jpg

DSCF5079.jpg

DSCF5080.jpg

DSCF4810.jpg

John

Did you check out the SpeedCult booth ?

There is a show like that in MI today but with the weather I decided to stay home this year.

Give yourself a slap for thinking of selling that baby when you had the gas tank issue a month ago.

Take it easy bro,
Darren

John

Did you check out the SpeedCult booth ?

There is a show like that in MI today but with the weather I decided to stay home this year.

Give yourself a slap for thinking of selling that baby when you had the gas tank issue a month ago.

Take it easy bro,
Darren

I would have to slap myself every day. I think about selling it more than you think. I just know I will regret it, that and I have no idea what to even ask for it. I know it needs A LOT of work, but I do love it (most of the time) and its still very solid, even the undercarriage and frame look like the car is only a couple years old. I just get disappointed knowing it will never get the restoration it deserves.

Darren, forgot to answer your question. I checked out most the booths, but didn't pay any attention to the names, what do they sell?
Torquefest is always a great turn out, there is always things going on, and they are strict on their rules so its nice not to have to see muscle cars, Camaros, mustangs, or new cars.

no cough trade/

cough cough I will trade you tooooo. mine will go anywhere with cold ac and stereo. that's what you need. no work, just ride. and its white. cooler in the summer. and a eureka!!! not trying to undercut anyone but I know you want to trade!! I can feel it. maybe....

Tony, only if I get to drive the Paramount that I let you have :D
Kyle, just the fact of your coach being white would be a red flag. Im not a fan of white.
I would like a green three way or flower car though..LOL. Don't worry as of now its not for sale, just thinking about it more and more. I will probably keep it for quite some time. Rocky has been working on me too.

Like I said, most likely I will not let it go for quite a while, but since there is so much interest, maybe I should start finding out what people would be willing to pay for it. Ive never had so much interest in a coach Ive owned. Jamie, no projects. I would want something that don't need anything, remember I think this one needs a lot of work to meet my standards. Here are a few shots of the underneath that were taken last month while getting an alignment.
1949 S&S Knickerbocker combo 5001.jpg

1949 S&S Knickerbocker combo 5006.jpg

1949 S&S Knickerbocker combo 5011.jpg

1949 S&S Knickerbocker combo 5007.jpg

I am impressed looks like it lived in AZ. CA. OR COLO. I don't think 49 was Cadillacs finest hour but this is one great coach. I would think long and hard before sending it down the road. We all look back on what we sold I miss my 41 Packard 160 convertible the most.

John I understand about not wanting a project. I do like your 49 and the work that it needs does look like alot from the pics. I underside looks great. Thanks for sareing you coach

I am impressed looks like it lived in AZ. CA. OR COLO. I don't think 49 was Cadillacs finest hour but this is one great coach. I would think long and hard before sending it down the road. We all look back on what we sold I miss my 41 Packard 160 convertible the most.

From what Ive been told it spent its whole life in North Dakota until a little over 20 years ago, when it came to Iowa when the previous owner bought it, and Ive had it for almost 11 years. I don't think its ever seen salt, because it hasn't ever had any rust.

Wowsers ! That sure is a clean under carriage !

Hold of on the for sale plans !

You let a '60 go, don't make that mistake again !

Darren

Mr. Grave is absolutely right.

That is a lovely car, John. Hang on to it if you can. It is beautiful just the way it is, in my mind. They are only original once. I have more fun with my very-much-unrestored 54 Packard Clipper than any other car in the Garaj and so does my wife.

That is a lovely car, John. Hang on to it if you can. It is beautiful just the way it is, in my mind. They are only original once. I have more fun with my very-much-unrestored 54 Packard Clipper than any other car in the Garaj and so does my wife.

Thanks. Its originality left with the previous owner. He installed a 350, new steering column, instruments, and it had a repaint in 1974.

No one knows that but you John. It looks right and who knows, you may come across some money in the future to make it right again.

KEEP IT,
Darren

P.S. You look good in that BWHC shirt ! Thanks for the support !

Fooled me.

Keep the hood down. It has a nice patina that fooled me. I wouldn't be ashamed to take that car anywhere John.

Back