More Photos

Brendan Martin

PCS Member
I was able to successfully download photos, and it was easy. So here are some photos I took of the 63, yesterday and the day it arrived. I will post photos of the patient compartment at a later date.

Attachments

• image-249404709.jpg
    image-249404709.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 360
  • image-612434308.jpg
    image-612434308.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 361
  • image-367418130.jpg
    image-367418130.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 363
  • image-1350490095.jpg
    image-1350490095.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 365
  • image-1136413664.jpg
    image-1136413664.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 361
  • image-2074599837.jpg
    image-2074599837.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 360
  • image-1517482994.jpg
    image-1517482994.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 356
Wow Brendan, you've got a nice looking home for that beautiful ambulance! She looks like she's ready to respond to a call.

'63

I was able to successfully download photos, and it was easy. So here are some photos I took of the 63, yesterday and the day it arrived. I will post photos of the patient compartment at a later date.

Brendan or Ed,

Is that a Motorola speaker that I see hanging inder the dash?? I saw one of those in a junk shop a couple of weeks ago in Oklahoma and didn't know what it was for.

Brendan or Ed,

Is that a Motorola speaker that I see hanging inder the dash?? I saw one of those in a junk shop a couple of weeks ago in Oklahoma and didn't know what it was for.

Yes, that is a Motorola 2 way communication speaker box. There are two versions of that box, one is almond colored, and the other is gray in color. The almond color speaker box is correct for most of our cars, however, I don't know exactly when Motorola made the change to the gray boxes. I see lots of both color boxes at swap meets, however, many times they are missing the mounting bracket. The same goes for the radio heads, they are almost always without the brackets. The reason for this is simple, you have to remove the radio head or the speaker box first, to remove the screws to take the bracket off. If the bracket isn't reinstalled on the radio head or speaker immediately, it is usually misplaced or the two parts become separated and never meet up again. Same with the mounting bracket thumb screws, they are almost always missing.

all I have left in the 70 is the bracket for the speaker I have know Ida what speaker as it fits none I have here. I'm sure it's still there only because it's pop riveted to the dash.
this set I Made the brackets out of a piece of strap aluminum. that let us mount the radio head were the holes were all ready in the dash and around the master switch set up. most all of these were some back ally installation anyway, so solid easy and out of the way is what we were looking for.

that one is and will remain a very special car to me. were it is true you love your children the same some of them you just can't help but like better. even if it's a superior :smiley3:

Thanks folks, the garage is not mine, it is a privately owned fire museum, the owners are friends of mine, and let me keep her there. It was a blessing getting the forum runner app, it makes sharing photos easy, something that was a bit of a challenge for me. Scott, the beacon.....STAYS!!

Brendan, Your 1963 Superior Highboy looks like is factory fresh. The last time I saw was Grand Rapids International Meet. Thanks for saving the car. Ed you did a beautiful job. The motorola radio is period correct - Please do not load it up w/ extra lights it looks just as it did in 1963! Peace and respect to all.:smileflagcan:

Back