A limousine fit for Abe Lincoln

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
From Hemmings Blog.........

At the very relaxed parking lot show we hold every Friday of the New England Concours d’Elegance weekend before the rally up to Stratton Mountain, we will often see a few cars that mysteriously don’t show up the rest of the weekend. Such was the case this year with this 1966 Oldsmobile 98 limousine that Larry Farrell of Staten Island, New York, brought up. It had enough headroom for a stovepipe hat and a pet giraffe, but its red paint and spotlamp had us scratching our heads – was it the world’s most opulent fire chief’s car? Funeral car for the extroverted?

To read the rest of this.... click here..

Hemmings Picture Credit

Attachments

• Olds98limo.jpg
    Olds98limo.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 327
This particular C-B limousine was formerly owned by PCS members Mike & Joyce Satterthwaite of Huntingdon Valley, Pa and has been seen at a number of PCS Meets and our Northeast Chapter show at Peddler's Village. Larry Farrell has owned the car for about ten years.

As indicated, it wasn't originally red. If I remember correctly (from the late '80s), the Satterthwaites painted it red so it would look better at PCS meets!

As indicated, it wasn't originally red. If I remember correctly (from the late '80s), the Satterthwaites painted it red so it would look better at PCS meets!

I heard that too Steve. Kind of funny, because it looks pretty good in red, but that car in black would be a knockout, wouldn't it?

I still recall a long-ago car show at Connecticut's Lime Rock Park where I admired a 1967 model Cotner-Bevington Oldsmobile commercial glass limousine with handsome gold paintwork and an asking price of just $4,000. Though I couldn't grab it myself as I was still living with my parents and had just one parking space to my name in their driveway, I'm still surprised that rarity has never re-surfaced in PCS circles and I truly regret I didn't have a camera with me that day either.

Back