Title question

On the title for my 77 MM Endloader in the Body Type, Model and Model Description sections its labeled as AMB and AMBuLANCE. Why would this be? there are no signs of it ever being an ambulance as it has only hearse equipment in the back.

it happens because some clerk at the DMV wanted the man to put commercial tag on the Hearse or he could not find that box to check. then the man changing the title just wanted tags and out of there. so who cared as long as he got it in his name . then the mistake continues. not unusual for the title for these car to be incorrect.

Well get this. The Criterion is titled as a station wagon and only 4000 lbs. It is not a station wagon and 4000 lbs is light!

:snow_smi:

My 86 Lincoln hearse is titled as a four door sedan since Washington doesnt have "hearse" in their data base as an option for a body style on a Lincoln. Also, the weight on mine is also too low but im not complaining; it costs less that way!

I have had some listed is sedan, stationwagon, hearse, ambulance, and one was as a van.
In Iowa its cheaper if its not listed as hearse or ambulance.

On the title for my 77 MM Endloader in the Body Type, Model and Model Description sections its labeled as AMB and AMBuLANCE. Why would this be? there are no signs of it ever being an ambulance as it has only hearse equipment in the back.

I had a 79 Superior hearse that was also listed on the title as being a ambulance. I think i had another coach at one time that listed the model as other.

I have even had an ambulance listed as "subn" abreviation for suburban. In NJ sometimes they use subn instead of wagon. I have also had all of the above mentioned. It is crazy, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Over the years, Indiana has modified the classifications it has or had for titling vehicles. Most of my cars are actually titled as 5W, as in 5 door wagon...... a station wagon. If I were you, I wouldn't make too much of a fuss about it. In Indiana, there is a tax every time you register a car, and the more "valuable" a car comes up in their computer system, the higher the tax. As such, my 5W titling works to my benefit during registration season (still very expensive for my collection). Perhaps in your state the AMB titling might work to your benefit too. If not, see if they'll retitle it as 5W. That might be cheap for you too. Tom

As long as your year, make, and VIN is correct, I wouldn't worry about it. Its nothing more than government employee idiots unable to think beyond their computer screen. If "hearse" doesn't pop up as being an available choice, they'll seemingly just create one.

Of the cars in my collection, I only have one that's actually titled as being a hearse. I also have ambulance (I don't own an ambulance), sedan, wagon, carryall, unknown, converted-from-4dr, coupe, and homebuilt on either my various titles or registration.

Just more of the fun of owning cars that most of the world doesn't understand! :)

Im curious

As long as your year, make, and VIN is correct, I wouldn't worry about it. Its nothing more than government employee idiots unable to think beyond their computer screen. If "hearse" doesn't pop up as being an available choice, they'll seemingly just create one.

Of the cars in my collection, I only have one that's actually titled as being a hearse. I also have ambulance (I don't own an ambulance), sedan, wagon, carryall, unknown, converted-from-4dr, coupe, and homebuilt on either my various titles or registration.

Just more of the fun of owning cars that most of the world doesn't understand! :)

Patrick; how is the Bayliff-Packard titled? Do they call it a "Packard" or is it still a "Buick" to the DMV?

My 1972 Cadillac Superior HIGHTOP Ambulance is listed as a "4 door STATION WAGON" on California DMV pinkslip !

When I asked the clerk wouldnt it be more apropriate to cal it a "truck"..and his response was "NO,its not heavy enough for a truck " Huh ??

Okay.... no argument from me.......:applause:

I can't speak on older commercial chassis cars, but the newer ones, like mine are based on VIN. If the VIN says its a 1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham 4 door sedan, then thats the way its titled. As others have said, as long as VIN matches, GOOD TO GO!

Amb

My 1972 Cadillac Superior HIGHTOP Ambulance is listed as a "4 door STATION WAGON" on California DMV pinkslip !

When I asked the clerk wouldnt it be more apropriate to cal it a "truck"..and his response was "NO,its not heavy enough for a truck " Huh ??

Okay.... no argument from me.......:applause:

Jim: In (CA) an Ambulance (under 25 years old) and not re-registered as a historical vehicle would legally require a Commercial Registration including paying weight fees just like a truck. When we got our '73 S&S Mark-I from Canada, it was shy of 25 years old by a couple of years. I re-registred it in CA and paid commercial fees for those two years to keep "AMB" on the registration. I had the option of calling it a "station wagon" at the time but felt it may "de-value" the car later on. MM

In TN my 73 M-M Classic Duplex (combo) is titled as a AM= ambulance. My 77 M-M Landau Traditional hearse is titled as HR= hearse.

Z's for 2's

I know that the "Z" in a Commercial Cadillac VIN is oftened gets substituted as a "2". Not sure about other states, but in (CA) there is no such thing as a (0) Zero on a License Plate.... only "O" for "Ocean". MM

Back