Commerative Edition of The Professional Car

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
I regret to announce that the website doesn't have sufficient funds to pay for a Commemorative Issue of the 2012 International Meet, and to also have reserves for future expenses. We are approximately $1500 short at this particular time. If we see an uptick in Site Support in the next 7 to 10 days to make up this shortfall, we will once again pay for the printing and distribution of the Commemorative Issue. Please consider becoming a Site Supporter or Super Site Supporter.

All Site Supporter / Super Site Supporter will receive a complimentary copy of the Commemorative Issue of the 2012 International Meet, if it is funded by the Friends of the Professional Car Society, even if they are not a PCS Member.

Thanks
Paul Steinberg
Dan Herrick
Robert Shepard
Jerry Jacobson

It's unfortunate...but... I have to agree!

My two cents (or $50.00),:my2cents:

Paul & company have been MOST generous with monies raised in support of the "Friends" Website. They have seen fit to use the "overage" on numerous occasions in support of a few Society functions, including paying for TPC. :applause:

You may recall that THIS type of activity NEVER occurred during the reign of the old website... but that's ancient history.:drama:

While it's unfortunate that a special "commemorative" edition of TPC cannot be created at this time, I do know that the committee will look at what opportunities it will have in the future, to go above and beyond and use their generocity to improve the organization.:specool:

It's important that we live within our means and not spend what we don't have.

There is an alternative, as Paul mentioned...:agree:

I'm game to spend $50.00 if 29 other people will join me, in making up this $1500.00 shortfall.

Over and out!

Rick

I regret to announce that the website doesn't have sufficient funds to pay for a Commemorative Issue of the 2012 International Meet, and to also have reserves for future expenses.

Thanks
Paul Steinberg
Dan Herrick
Robert Shepard
Jerry Jacobson

The Professional Car Society itself used to do a Colored Issue covering the Intl. Meet. The other Quarterly Newsletters were Black and White.

The Professional Car Society itself used to do a Colored Issue covering the Intl. Meet. The other Quarterly Newsletters were Black and White.

I agree with Chuck, the TPC 4th quarter issues was always dedicated to the international meet. Yes, the extra issue for ohio was great, it was a record attendence meet, and I appreciate all the time and work it took to produce, but we dont need to do a extra issue every time when the TPC dedicates an issue to it anyway. If its done too much people will expect it and not be happy when one is unable to be made. :my2cents:

one of the things talked about was the possibility of a bi monthly publication.
with the web site picking up the meet issue and the club the extra one. this expansion of services could be possible with our cheaper printing costs and the solvent treasury. but if donations are slow coming in for the web site that will not be possible. I understand it's kind of like double jeopardy. you pay your dues to the club and your supporting the web site. but they are two independent functions working towards the same goal. were the 6 publications is not a reality as of yet only in the dream stage it would be nice to see. with 100 people on here right now 10 bucks each would get us 3/4 the way there. 15 would do it. but don't discount a smaller amount if 5 is all you can do, do it. let the rest that can do more balance things out. then if it looks like the web site can suport one publcation maybe we can get the club to add one. there are a lot of peopel that live for each issue so this may be a retention tool for some that drop out.

but sorry LeAnn my airport limo will be the center spread. will a quater of one page will do for it. the only thing I don't understand is how mine at 1/4 the size only gets 6 more miles per Gl on the road. but still gathers the same speeding tickets.

Attachments

• IMG_5747a.jpg
    IMG_5747a.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 599
I gave $50. and heres why,due to the fact I was in hospital I missed Daytona and would have really been up the creek had it not been for the kindness of people attending who kept us posted with photos and stories,made us almost feel we were there,I can understand that going costs money,and some may be a little short right now,but I thank those who kept me in the loop,and would love the comm.issue.Russ and Darren will have to fill me in on the Ga-father episode...:D

Just want to bring this back up to the top so everyone sees this. We have gotten donations in since this was posted, and I thank those that are supporting this worthwhile cause. Unfortunately, we are still coming up short.
If you would like to make a donation by mail, please let me know, and I will send you the address where to send donations to.
Thanks
Paul, on behalf of the entire staff of the Friends of the Professional Car Society...

Paul and Friends, I'm not working right now and trying to get enrolled back in school since being out for over 6 months. I can't send anything this month, too cash-poor, but I'll try to scrape together what I can so this can continue...

Thanks Bill, and all the rest of the members that have made contributions toward this special issue. We are still behind, however, we have decided to go forward with the commemorative issue, on the assumption that contributions will continue to be made going forward. Once again, thanks to all that have donated through out the year, and for this special appeal.

things are tight but people misunderstand the importance of 5 to 10 bucks. it small contributions from large numbers. any pan handler knows that.

Every Little Bit Helps!

To whom it may concern,

Now that I know that a commemorative issue is going to be produced, I poney'd up the $50.00 I promised, at the beginning of this thread.

I hope there a few others who will or have done as I have, so that we can get the job done. :thumb:

We have so many generous people in this Society that it blows my mind sometimes!:stars: Think of the hours spent monitoring the website, editing the magazine, planning and hosting International Meets and contributing information to those who appreciate our passion for pro-cars.

So many of us are blessed to receive the benefits of a GREAT website and an AWESOME magazine and everything else that membership offers.

I know that $$$ is tighter for some... than for others... I looked at where I might find the extra $$$ to send and agreed the church could function, just fine for another week without my donation.:halo:

Please consider making any monetary donation... I did mine by PayPal, VERY easy!

I can't wait to see the Daytona 2012 Commemorative Edition "From NASA to NASCAR":D At least that's what I'm calling it!:thumbsup:

Thanks for your consideration!

Over and Out!

Rick

Ok. Ok. I said I would! Will mail it tonight. And Ed you are right.....I'll withdraw my request for Elmo to make centerfold. The airport limo is much more deserving.....lol. Paul, send me your address, or post it here. I'm at work and don't have it. Thanks!!

Back