New Money Pit

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
Some of you may already know that I recently purchased a 1965 Superior Pontiac ambulance from a PCS member in California. I was waiting for it to arrive here in New Jersey, before posting pictures, but I couldn't wait. It is believed to be a former Naval ambulance in the Sixties, then it served Mariposa County until 1977. It was then owned by a school "hence the colors" used for school activities like home comings, etc. About a year ago, PCS member Patrick Ward took custody of it, got it running, played with it and then sold the ambulance to me. I know it needs a whole lot of love, before it starts turning heads, but with some luck, help from my PCS friends and mechanics and restorers, it might just be ready to show, one day. I have wanted a Superior Pontiac, especially a 1965 for years. Let's see if I get it done, or it gets me done.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 647
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 669
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 670
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 586
A few inside pix

As you can see, there is no stretcher, no jump seats and the cabinets are different than what I am used to seeing. We shall see.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 697
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 646
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 676
Not that bad Bill.

Atilla can likely help you find the jump seats, stretcher and cabinets if you don't like the military metal ones.

Good luck and start the printing press for those green backs. You will need a few and a little bit of time.

Darren

If needed Im on a pro-car chase in a month or so, and will take pictures (or bring it back home who knows) a complete '66 Superior high top, will keep you in touch

Money Pit ??

Bill,

Congratulations !!It looks really nice...and I am sure it will look even nicer when you get a hold of it !!:applause:

The best part is you got something that you really wanted !!:)

Have fun with it,and I wouldnt say its a money pit but rather a good investment !!!:thumbsup:

Will be looking forward to more pictures !!

Enjoy !

the steel cabinets are unique to the car. but she looks to have had only the one jump seat. you get it home you can till. a lot of the military ones had one that folded cross ways in front of the the cabinets along with the one to the rear. if it was set up to hang and hold two gurneys it was that way.

Very Nice

Should clean up well Bill, does this mean you no longer want my 66? :p

Back