Procar yard find photos !

Darren Bedford

PCS Member
I was fortunate to come across these cars, mostly rotten away, with a few that should be saved !

Enjoy the pictures,
Darren

Attachments

• pcs serm yard 10.jpg
    pcs serm yard 10.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 427
  • pcs serm yard 7.jpg
    pcs serm yard 7.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 422
  • pcs serm yard 11.jpg
    pcs serm yard 11.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 425
  • pcs serm yard 8.jpg
    pcs serm yard 8.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 433
  • pcs serm yard 4.jpg
    pcs serm yard 4.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 420
  • pcs serm yard 5.jpg
    pcs serm yard 5.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 428
  • pcs serm yard 6.jpg
    pcs serm yard 6.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 424
  • pcs serm yard 2.jpg
    pcs serm yard 2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 448
more from the same yard...

Enjoy,
Darren

Attachments

• pcs serm jard 1.jpg
    pcs serm jard 1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 424
  • pcs serm yard 13.jpg
    pcs serm yard 13.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 415
  • pcs serm yard 12.jpg
    pcs serm yard 12.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 411
  • pcs serm yard 9.jpg
    pcs serm yard 9.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 417
  • pcs serm yard 3.jpg
    pcs serm yard 3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 404
Wow that person has snagged some pretty cool iron over the years. What coach builder built the 69-70 body with the black landau bars? M/M?
I know im being lazy and can go reference my books-- thanks tom and walt. But I know a lot of you guys will know just looking at it.

So Darren was these cars in the states or Canada?

Saw these a bit over a year ago, theres some cool stuff there. I was told by someone the S&S Ambulance was in the movie Shawshank Redemption And Rocky its a Superior.
Thanks for posting these pictures!

The '48 Meteor combination (with Trippe Lite on the roof) is from OH, and at one time was owned by a PCS member.

The '61 M-M combination was converted to an ambulance by the Thompson F.H. in Clear Spring, MD while in service there.

The '41 S&S combination, also later converted to an ambulance, was also owned by a PCS member at one time.

I believe this is not a "junkyard" per se but a collection. If it is where I think it is (and I think it is), that is all owned by a PCS member and SPAAMFAA fire club member, and these are all part of his collection of vehicles.

Having a collection myself, I know that it can get out of hand, and that eventually, one's best intentions of preserving and restoring antique vehicles do not come to pass. And so.....

The '61 is/was very restorable. It served in the same town as my '70 M-M and, though owned by the funeral home at the time, served the backup ambulance to my rig which was owned by the fire department. The firefighters often took it on calls.

when ever I see this I'm always reminded that wall-mart sells them FEMA roofs cheap. you are right Steve it vary easy to get the save them all out of control. me I have migrated into the save what you can take care of attitude.

Wow that person has snagged some pretty cool iron over the years. What coach builder built the 69-70 body with the black landau bars? M/M?
I know im being lazy and can go reference my books-- thanks tom and walt. But I know a lot of you guys will know just looking at it.

So Darren was these cars in the states or Canada?

Rocky, the one you are referring to is a '72 Superior Crown Limited

Steve is correct. These are a mans collection and not for sale.

He invited a couple people for a viewing but was unable to be there at that time so no questions were asked or answered.

If they were mine... I would have a handful put aside for restoration or sale if a restoration wasn't possible because of time or money.

There are quite a few that would make great parts cars and would enable many other cars on the road to remain running for many more years which I would part out.

There are many fire trucks in real poor condition that would be of use to other people out there and likely a few that could be restored as well.

I was thrilled to get to see them and kind of sad as I left wondering "why" !

Darren

Steve

I will have to come by your place sometime sooner than later. :thumbsup:

I have likely seen most of your cars over the last 20 years at meets but to see them all in your garage will be outstanding.

Plus I am saving up to buy one from you too !

Take it easy bro,
Darren

Back