Turn Clock Back 24 years & curious about NVCS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been cleaning some old files out and ran across this card from what was to be another nation-wide professional car group. It was concocted by a fellow whose name escapes me at the moment, but operated from a post office box in Fields Landing Station California. Ended up being a real scam, was running his information in Old Cars Weekly and I ended up 'biting' hook line and sinker when he offered to 'allow' my 1964 Flxible Buick Premier combination to be featured on the groups first quarterly publication-You guessed it- my funding went by the wayside. Also seem to remember there was a 'funeral director' named McDermott from Athens GA tied into the group also. Just curious, did any one else get taken, that is if you are willing to admit.

The card shown is what I got for my $250 'investment'.... nothing more

Attachments

• NVCS Card.jpg
    NVCS Card.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 131
Through the years, there have been lots of start up car clubs that never made it. Like any business, most fail in the first year. Look at how long it took the PCS to get to where it is today...

Oh wow, that is one organization that I have never heard of. Like Richard mentioned, that sure is a nice fancy card.

I guess that I am just a young pup here. Should I show my age now? In 1985 when you joined the NVCS, I started my Freshman year that fall (high school that is). Man, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Oh wow, that is one organization that I have never heard of. Like Richard mentioned, that sure is a nice fancy card.

I guess that I am just a young pup here. Should I show my age now? In 1985 when you joined the NVCS, I started my Freshman year that fall (high school that is). Man, I have a lot of catching up to do!

You have alot of catching up to do? In 1985 I was in 5th grade!!

Look at all the wisdom surrounding you. Ask Paul anything and he will tell you whether you want his advice or not! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back