Nissan Hearse

Dropped a friend off at a local Nissan dealer. Darned if I didn't see a new van totally black with Padded roof.

I couldn't see inside but a service writer said it belonged to a mortuary.

Anyone have any info? And no dummy me didn't even think of taking a pic.

Dropped a friend off at a local Nissan dealer. Darned if I didn't see a new van totally black with Padded roof.

David, did it look like this?
This monstrosity was built by Nebraska hearse dealer Fleet Systems.
2014 Nissan 1.jpg

2014 Nissan 2.jpg

2014 Nissan 3.jpg

2014 Nissan 4.jpg

knew it was coming

when I first seen these vans I knew this would happen. since service cars are few and far between now that there is no American made vehicles that really qualify due to the suburban going away, I just knew there would be one of these. actually they don't look bad. BUT, not an American vehicle so no want ever from me but I seen one with plain white wrapper and 2 cots in the back for body transport. needed a divider in my opinion but was just a pick up at the morgue and transport to the central location where all prep is done and then they are cased and sent to the chapel were service is to be conducted. actually I don't even refer to them as funeral homes. to me they are like wal mart. all prices in a book and no deviation allowed. personnel service went away at these locations also as people working there are disconnected from the personnel side of dealing with a family as they are programmed to be order takers and not a family funeral director. seen pics of the van replacements from ford and chevy and the Nissan looks better. but Nissan. got Mexican caskets and Japanese transpoters and I hope no coaches from somewhere else.

now if they had just put 890x15s on it with white walls. at least 4 corner carved touches. with a cast iron fence between them. remove the bars put in big windows and some carved trim around them. they might have something here that would resemble what they wanted it to. if all you have is a box to work with make it a attractive box. slap a vinyl top on and dress up the interior does not a hearse make

Why does everyone think that the Chevy Suburban/GMC Yukon is going out of production...??? These vehicles just had a new body style change....and yes,there are companies out there, like Muster Associates down the road from me, who still convert Suburbans into first-call vehicles.... Suburbans aren't going anywhere!!!!! Their still here !!!!

hmmm

Why does everyone think that the Chevy Suburban/GMC Yukon is going out of production...??? These vehicles just had a new body style change....and yes,there are companies out there, like Muster Associates down the road from me, who still convert Suburbans into first-call vehicles.... Suburbans aren't going anywhere!!!!! Their still here !!!!

did not know this . here they are selling em as " get em before there is no more". I assumed (yeah) that meant bye bye suburban. guess they mean this body style. I guess. ill sure find out. 70% of suburbans used to be sold in Texas and I love em. have a black 2000 model that I like a lot. keeping it. dealers here that I know which is a lot by the way, all feel the same about burbs as they are referred to. they always sell. even with very high fuel costs you can always sell a suburban. thanks for the info Stephen.

With this unit,to keep the economy theme a smart car as lead car would fit!!!luckily for us,so many members have great cars,and are willing to give us our last ride:applause:

Cool page great cars. In all fairness though it is almost Amish its a low cost dependable and I use the term advisably Coach. With many Funeral Directors faced with low budget Funerals and a New Coach well over 100k we may see more like this. I hope not but think the handwriting is on the wall.

Thought I recognized that area code as eastern North Carolina...

Attachments

• friendlymed.jpg
    friendlymed.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 256
Ah yes, nothing defines grace and dignity in a loved one's final ride like a Japanese cargo truck.
:rolleyes:
Well, before you call it a "Japanese" truck, let's remember that this is made in the USofA. This is an American van.

Made in Mississippi.

I'm not saying I like the style. But this is an American-made vehicle.

(The Chrysler PT Cruiser I used to have - American brand name - was made in Mexico. My Volkswagen - German brand - was also made in Mexico.)

Yes and new Chevrolet Caprice cop car made in Australia (a stretched Pontiac G8). Many Govt. bodies unable to buy as charters are written no foreign vehicles. Has been an issue with several townships I do business with locally they have gone Dodge and Ford Interceptor instead.

Back