Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > General Discussion Forum

Notices

General Discussion Forum For the general discussion of Professional Cars.

Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM
Super Site Supporter

Thanked 2,410 Times in 759 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Sherwin View Post
Thats brings up another question I was meaning to ask. Does the beacon I have look original? At a show awhile back someone asked me if that was the original light, but I only assumed it was, he said it looked like the outer beacon ray casing was original but he said the inside light part looked newer. He may be right, as i am unsure. In any case I would like to put whatever should be there on it.

I can take some interior pictures here this week. I do not have a cot, but I do have the cot brackets
It appears that the Beacon Ray mount and skirt are proper for the car. However somebody replaced the guts with that little strobe light. All you really need is the guts for a Beacon Ray, a 17,or 173 would fit tight in that dome (appears to be a "small" dome). Pop it off the car, remove the skirt and dome, put the mounting hardware on the new guts, reassemble and there you have it. Good as new!!! If it's a "big dome" light any guts will work 17, 173, 174, 175. or 176.

COURAGE HONOR LOVE
The Following User Says Thank You to Russell Street For This Useful Post:
Blake Sherwin (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Website Member

Groans: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Street View Post
It appears that the Beacon Ray mount and skirt are proper for the car. However somebody replaced the guts with that little strobe light. All you really need is the guts for a Beacon Ray, a 17,or 173 would fit tight in that dome (appears to be a "small" dome). Pop it off the car, remove the skirt and dome, put the mounting hardware on the new guts, reassemble and there you have it. Good as new!!! If it's a "big dome" light any guts will work 17, 173, 174, 175. or 176.
I will check the model on the beacon ray mount. Thank you for that info
Old Yesterday, 08:31 PM
Website Member

Groans: 0

174-D is what it shows
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM
PCS Ohio Chapter President

Thanked 2,311 Times in 780 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Sherwin View Post
Thats brings up another question I was meaning to ask. Does the beacon I have look original? At a show awhile back someone asked me if that was the original light, but I only assumed it was, he said it looked like the outer beacon ray casing was original but he said the inside light part looked newer. He may be right, as i am unsure. In any case I would like to put whatever should be there on it.

I can take some interior pictures here this week. I do not have a cot, but I do have the cot brackets
OH HELL NO! That is not original, that is a hot mess. You are missing the bottom ring molding. D-Captain had some for sale Jerry Jacobson can hook you up with him. Cots tend to be expensive and the prices are going up all the time. It's a shame you are clear out there in Oklahoma I think I have two or three model 30's in my storage garage. I have a 174 on my Pontiac combination. Rather than rotate the light swings back and forth like a washing machine agitator.
2006 John Keel Award Recipient
1975 Cadillac Superior 54" Ambulance
1973 Chevrolet Superior 61" Ambulance
1970 Chevrolet Stoner Suburban Ambulance
1970 Ford MCC (Pinner) Vanbulance
1966 Pontiac Superior Combination
1964 Cadillac Superior Combination

Last edited by Ron Devies; Yesterday at 09:31 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM
PCS Elected Director 2016 - 2018

Thanked 14,207 Times in 5,976 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

you have no Ida what is original on the car or were that lash up came from. so for right now just pull the tag off the skirt and watch e-bay for one missing the globe. the repair kit with the necessary rubber parts is available there also. if you wait and watch one will pop up with a rough skirt and a broken globe that you can get reasonable. they are not to bad to work on. but if you want. send me yours and I can rebuild you a working demount-able one. if your interested pm me.

that top looks good