JM's 67 Superior - July 2015 Update

Jean-Marc Dugas

PCS Member
As of yesterday, I am no longer the proud owner of this awesome car. It has been sold to a fellow PCS member who will look after her and continue the restoration process.

She is in good hands, and I am sure that we will hear from the new owner shortly.

picture.php

J-M: A sharp car with an interesting history. I always enjoyed your restoration updates and hope this will allow you to work on the 69... With more updates to come.

It is time to move on. The 69 is in prety rough shape and will be parted out. The good pieces will be avaialble for PCS members who are restoring their Superiors or need spare parts. I assume that most of the Superior trim are the same for the 69 and 70 Superiors, both Pontiacs and Cadillacs.

I am glad that I was able to assist some folks with the restoration of their cars, and I truly enjoyes driving the car to car shows or just arround town. If I had a quarter for every time I heard "Who your gonna call" or "Gostbusters", our house would be paid for!

I will also post a number of itemsfor sale as I go through my stuff. Stay tuned....

Hello folks! as the new owner of that Superior let me tell you I want this car since 2000 when I saw it at the Kingston International meet. I was a young newbie when I joined the club back then, 2nd in age after John Keel. I remember asking the previous owner with my bad english if I could sit on the stretcher. I did it, but 15 years later in my yard!

Took me 15 years, I decided to sell my Miller-Meteor to a museum to own the car of my life, a 1967 Superior high top .

Congratulations Martin! I think you got a great one!

I saw your 1967 Superior Pontiac ambulance at our first Int'l Meet in Pittsburgh 1994. If my memory serves me, it was called Roy's Toy, please correct me if I am wrong.

I have believed, even before I owned one, that Superior of the Fifties and Sixties has the most interesting, if not, the most beautiful styling cues of all professional cars. Now before anybody gets upset with me, I have owned quite a few procars and I love most of them. It just seems to me that these particular professional cars built by Superior during the Fifties and Sixties, best describe what I consider to be epitemy of collecting professional cars.

You made a great decision Martin, enjoy it! I sure hope you will be coming to Gettysburg with it!

Bill,
Does a 70 Superior count ?,its only one DIGIT away from the "60s"..:confused2: ;) :p

That is sort of a yes/no answer James. It is certainly a great looking car and like I said, I love them all. But, in 1970, Superior lost that slanted C pillar, so it lost some of that majestic styling. But, let me put it like this, before I was married, I rarely met a woman I didn't like. The same is true for vintage cars in general and most professional cars..

...I saw your 1967 Superior Pontiac ambulance at our first Int'l Meet in Pittsburgh 1994. If my memory serves me, it was called Roy's Toy, please correct me if I am wrong...
Bill, OK, I will.

This was a different car, though it also appeared at several PCS meets when it was owned by Jim McIsaac.

The one you are thinking of that was "Roy's Toy" was owned by John McCarthy, and named for his father. It was just recently relisted for sale in Iowa. Here's the earlier discussion on it. Unfortunately, time has not been good to "Roy's Toy", hopefully someone will restore it.

Both were white, same year/make, and if memory serves, both were at the same meet at the same time once, perhaps Kingston. The give-away is the small red lights in the grille, which have survived several incarnations of the "Roy's Toy" car. Even the names of the earlier owners were similar.

Nonetheless, the one Martin owns was also very nice, and I know Jean-Marc has done some work to make it nice. It'll be great to see it sometime too.

Steve, thank you for the clarification. I am aware of the one currently on ebay, I knew one of these ambulances was Roy's Toy. I do remember seeing the pair of 1967 white Superior Pontiac ambulances at one of our early Meets, it may have been Chicago, but could it have been Fort Wayne?

Congratulations Martin !!!:applause:

15 years ???? Nahhhhh...GOOD things ARE worth waiting for !!!

I hope you really enjoy her,she will make you proud !!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dont worry Ed you always are my saver when it's panic time ! Art least I have the M-M experience now, wonder if Superior was well built like them, a lot of fun this winter coming, our road inspectors need a complete check up before plate the car and they are like sharks, little things to do before this major inspection, the worst is to change the windshield and it's a one on one chhance, only one spare!

First car show this weekend, on call but I made a short appearance during the afternoon with my new baby and I won the Mayor's choice !

Back