Tpc 161

I agree, great as usual.
Ive been learning a lot from this issue. I never realized so many companies made sedan ambulance conversions.
There is a local funeral home that still has theirs (54 McClintock Desoto), in near mint condition. I had a chance to buy it many years ago, but waited too long and the owners son decided to get into the funeral business, and now its not for sale. Its ok though, Im very impressed with the son, he sees its historic value and enters it into parades and shows. So at least its not sitting in a garage collecting dust anymore.

All you guys that make the TPC issues what they are, thanks for your continued hard work to bring us such a great magazine!

Got mine in Southern CA this morning.... fantastic as usual!

(*) My 1st car at 15 years old (way before I knew what a "pro-car" was....that I bought for $200.00)..... was a 1938 Series 90 Limited Limo that belonged to Berry-Bell Mortuary brand new and was donated to our local VFD in they early 50's The Fire Chief had a welding shop and they converted it "in house" to a sedan ambulance. It ran 2nd Out / Reserve behind their 1954 Henney-Packard Senior Ambulance that we are (ALMOST) finished completely restoring now. I was (7) years old when it was presented to the town's folk at an open house in 1954 showcasing their "state of the art" new ambulance that even had hot and cold running water in the patient's compartment. MM

H-p progress pictures

Unfortunately I am computer illiterate "Old 1947 Model".... but will figure it out eventually! MM

Even though my issue arrived last week, I didn't have the time to read it until today. I also offer my sincere "well done" compliments to the magazine staff! Whenever I'm at a general car show with one of my coaches and I'm telling a "newbie" about the PCS, the magazine that comes with membership is always what I hype up as being the most important benefit of membership.

In regards to the sedan-ambulance article, which was really well done and a fascinating in-depth read on a fairly obscure topic, it reminded me of a photo I have that was shared with me by former member Richard Conjalka. I remember Richard telling me that it was built from a 1980 Cadillac stretch limousine for a wealthy invalid owner for their personal transportation, but beyond that I don't remember any details being known. As an example of never say never, who would have imagined a sedan-ambulance being built that late. Have to wonder if this car is very likely the last example of a sedan-ambulance.

Attachments

• 80CadSedanAmbShaeferAmbLACA2s.jpg
    80CadSedanAmbShaeferAmbLACA2s.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 128
With permission from Steve Loftin, who contacted me via email, I would like to share this image from the Loftin Collection. It would seem that the information I was told about this car wasn't quite correct, and Steve's contribution seems self explanatory. Thank you, Steve!

Attachments

• 80CadSedanAmbShaeferAmbLACA2s2.jpg
    80CadSedanAmbShaeferAmbLACA2s2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 112
Mine arrived in Toronto today !

Always exciting to get the next issue.

You have to be proud with such an outstanding club magazine !!!

:thumbsup:

Darren

WOW!! This Cadillac is beautiful. What a piece of history. Thanks for sharing. I received my copy yesterday and have read from cover to cover. That includes the five times back to barn finds. Shared with the directors at the funeral home and none had seen sedan ambulances before. All of the guys, age 71 to 41 were pretty impressed.

Back