New Ecto is an S&S Victoria!

Ever so sorry

Not a fan,what does he have against coaches,couldn't he have got modern and done a hummer or something,only my opinion.:thumbsdown:

The only downside is it's now going to be WAY easier and cheaper for fans to make their clones =/

Of course, any of you who have 80s S&S coaches- your car values just sky rocketed =)

Better start snapping up the '80s and up hearses to save them from being turned into the next generation of this monstrosity. :mad:
As we have seen before, this won't just scoop up '80-'84 S & S's... this will scoop up '77-'92 anything hearse, and a few years each way...

Well, I guess the stupid Ghostbusters comments we are sick of hearing will NEVER end. This S&S looks STUPID. Even worse, the morons at that desk didn't even know it was a hearse, thinking its a station wagon. I see many more of our coaches being ruined in the future. Dumbasses

Ohhh man. . . .

What type of yellow revolving light is that monster on the roof? I don't think I have ever seen one that size.

A funeral home nearby has an '80 S&S, I guess I'll have to see if I can save it from the impending misfortune that shall come its way when it is spotted.

they could have at least taken the bars off. but have you noticed the trend to now only do remakes of old movies or cartoons? says a lot for the industry and the audience.

The real benefit is that I'm sure at some point we will now get a 1:18 scale (hopefully Hotwheels Elite?) version of this, which I will promptly return to stock =D

What type of yellow revolving light is that monster on the roof? I don't think I have ever seen one that size.

A funeral home nearby has an '80 S&S, I guess I'll have to see if I can save it from the impending misfortune that shall come its way when it is spotted.

I'll bet KEVIN O'CONNELL can ID the light! Michigan State Police (as I recall) used something similar back in the day..... along with a parallel (hood mounted) "STOP" sign. MM

Feig just posted this image of the car before being Ectoed. I wonder what the likelihood of that top being original is. And am I crazy or has this hearse been up for sale on the internet in the past couple years? It looks familiar.

I KNEW something was wrong with the coach lamps in every pic I saw, but they weren't close enough to tell. Now I know. Those are much later and newer Accubuilt Eureka/M-M coach lamps, not S&S. They couldn't get that right either. :rolleyes:

REALLY poorly done vinyl roof replacement on this coach! I, personally, hate all movie re-makes. I can't think of a single one that I have ever liked. I have never understood the following that Ghost Busters had. Ghost Busters II was really lame. I expect this one to be even worse.

I don't like it! I didn't like the original Ghostbusters movie, either and I was not even a PCS member in 1984. This damn Ghostbusters thing is like a blight for all professional cars and their owners. And what makes it worse is that people think all professional cars are Ghostbusters already, regardless of vintage, or configuration and now this abomination. It is a curse!

I too am of the opinion that this car is awful. It looks like it was created by a graduate from the Volo Auto Museum School of Forgery. If this thread contains before and after photos of the same car, I have to wonder why the front turn signals got changed.

I can, though, think of one good thing to say. At least they didn't ruin a truly rare and unusual car. They could have wrecked, and thus inspired others to also wreck, a downsized 77-79 ambulance or a limo style 80-82 combo. But this does make me appreciate my 1980 Superior even more and my resolve to keep it stock.

bet they will be out on the market before to long. me I'm wondering were they keep the step stool to get up to that bottom rung of the ladder. man that would be one heck of a jump. knew a gal that operated one of the electra hauls in the mine that used her lunch box. she need that extra step to get up to it. tied a rope on the handle and would pull it up behind her as she got on the ladder

Ladder

Ed so right that is a high step,probably have to drive around the city,not looking for goblins, but a high enough curb to make the step less dramatic,

This coach was definitely no "cream puff" when they got it. If you eyeball the lower doors and rockers in the "after" photo, you will see major waves. The aftermarket body side moldings are gross! They should have just taken those off and had no body side moldings, as they did with the '60 M-M. The red side stripe just accentuates the ugly after market body side moldings. I doubt that you will see too many clones of this one.

Back