1982 Oldsmobile, Which Coachbuilder?

I have an '82 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Hearse, and I haven't been able to figure out who built it. I've been gradually fixing it up, replacing broken tail lights, trim, etc. It was used as a maintenance vehicle around the cemetary after it was retired from service, so it has needed some sprucing up. Any info would be appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4300.jpg
    IMG_4300.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 379
My guess is that Ed is suggesting that this may be a Canadian conversion. I know I have never seen one like it before.

Built by Canadian coachbuilder Paul Renaud (out of Windsor, Ontario, I believe). Someone here has an old photo of this car, that I can't seem to find for some reason...

Built by Canadian coachbuilder Paul Renaud (out of Windsor, Ontario, I believe). Someone here has an old photo of this car, that I can't seem to find for some reason...

found this posted by Cary on the Olds thread - looks the same

82 Olds Conversion by Paul Renaud Walt McCall photo
29djxgk.jpg

Like many Paul Renaud creations, this Oldsmobile was a one-of-a-kind product. I'm sure that Walt would be able to give us additional information regarding for whom this unique vehicle was built. Interesting that it would end up in Michigan. As I said, I believe this to be a one-of-a-kind custom-crafted vehicle.

I'd definitely be interested to find out any more information, how exciting!

When I got the vehicle it only had 3 of those wheel covers so I did change those out to what would have been on a period Olds wagon.

It is in need of some cosmetic help, but it runs great and the interior is in good condition.

Back