got the rust out

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I promised Vergil that I would get the rust out of the floor in the58. will I'm proud to say I have been able to keep my promise. it took 3 days but I now have all the rust out of the floor. now what??

Attachments

• IMG_1126a.jpg
    IMG_1126a.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 637
I promised Vergil that I would get the rust out of the floor in the58. will I'm proud to say I have been able to keep my promise. it took 3 days but I now have all the rust out of the floor. now what??

Leave it that way. After all, he never said he wanted new metal installed, just the rust gone. :D

will I broke down and decided to put some steel back in. Mookie said he would not ride in if he could see the road threw the floor. here he is inspecting the welds. he pointed a couple things out but let it pass. we still need to get the Eureka sell in place. but we'll do that after the rear well.

Attachments

• IMG_1159a.jpg
    IMG_1159a.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_1167a.jpg
    IMG_1167a.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 481
what he doesn't like is getting his picture taken. that and looking down and seeing the road go by. I can't get him back in the 53 after we took it for a spin. he kept looking at the holes big enough to fall thew the entire run and has not set foot in the car since.

My dog is the same way. He hates any kind of light flash, lightning, camera flash, or if the florescent lights blink. He looks about like your dog. Maybe he'll like it when he can't see the road.:)

getting there we can now say that we have the sheet medal on the right side. from the glass down replaced. left side going next.

Attachments

• IMG_1275a.jpg
    IMG_1275a.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 340
we are leaning on the navy blue offered by gm in 58. about the color of Brady's Henny for those of you at the micro meet

It's going to be an amazing car, when done. You won't regret all the work you're putting in, when you show it.

looks great, also looks like just a few spots you had to shrink on that pass. back pan.

it had a nice belly up looked good from on top but you crawled under and it looked like you had high centered on a big rock. a little undercoating and lay the carpet down who can tell. that 18 gauge is different to work . :thumbsup:

today was the day. we put the last big panel on the main body. got a little work on the rear of the quarter to do before we can say we can put the welder away. but it's getting close to going to the floor so we can start on the top.

Attachments

• IMG_0071a.jpg
    IMG_0071a.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 68
Back