last of the rust

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
got the fender swapped out on the 70. thats the last of the rusty sheet steel to go. nice to have a whole truck once again. haven't decided to tackle the rear interior or the top next

Attachments

• IMG_0847a.jpg
    IMG_0847a.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0890a.jpg
    IMG_0890a.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 251
really got tired of not being able to close that door. how many times it's been 2x4 adjusted once can't say. strange to find a passengers door that out of aliment. but we needed to move the hinges up and the the easy way on these is to remove the fender. as long as we were jamming I figured might as will color the fender also. give us a good base for when we paint. today we get to figure out what we lost the ground on the headlight. I must have painted it away.

I absolutly love my 72 Chevy truck. Yours is looking great, ED. The door hinge area is weak, as if the door over extends, it will bend out. The door alignment will suffer greatly. Watch those doors on a windy day.

the cowls were the weak spot in them for sure. then the 2x4 adjustment really had is out of alignment. as soon as I added the new weatherstripping we were toast. fought that door for about 4 hr getting it to close. the 67 to 72 body is vary close on the tolerance but one you find it they really fit good.

Back