1955 Ford Courier Hearse

I was out and about today and stumbled across a bunch of cars for sale. This is the one that made me turn around for a closer look though. I was unsure of what I had found, but a quick email to Walt McCall and it was answered.

Walt says this is a 1955 Ford Courier Sedan Delivery that had been converted to a hearse by John Little. Apparently it came from the Barrie, Ontario area prior to being in Windsor. It is at present for sale, apparently $12,000 or best offer. If anyone is interested I can go back and get more details for you. It appears to be in good condition, with an original front interior. The back floor is covered in indoor/outdoor carpeting, so not too sure if the original floor is underneath.

7720873410_a70e8376fd.jpg

Very cool. However, based on the side trim and the parking light housings wrapping around to the sides of the front fenders, it is a 1956 model. Hope you don't mind my correction, it is a really neat car to see!

Owners phone number is 519-966-2868. Car has a 6 cylinder engine with a 3 speed manual transmission. Owner told me that it had been previously a fire dept rescue vehicle and was red when he bought it. Have more pictures which I will post later this evening.

I have seen that car a bunch of times for sale at the Barrie Automotive Flea Market. Barrie is like a Carlise or Hershey, but a little smaller.

I didn't see it there the last 2 years but I did for at least 3 before that.
Always in row 1 at the North end.

It was in decent condition but needed some TLC for sure.

It was a darker red when it was at Barrie.

Hope that helps,
Darren

you guys keep forgetting that it a canadian built ford. or in this case a mercury. the trim is differnt then a US built ford.

It is most definitely an American model. The Canadian Fords had a more zig-zag type of side trim and a completely different grille--pictured below. The only reason I know this is that I used to own a 1956 Ford and the club I belonged to was comprised of both Canadian models and American models. The Canadian models still used the eyebrow trim over the headlights that was on the 1955 model American Fords, used the same parking light housings, but the grille was entirely different than their American counterparts. And as I stated earlier, had zig-zag side trim that was not even close to the American models. I actually thought they looked way cooler.

Attachments

• 56Meteor.jpg
    56Meteor.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 164
definitely a 56 nose . the only one I had was a country squire wagon. to me the side trim looked wrong but just a faulty memory

Back