issue 149 of The Professional Car

Ron Devies

PCS Ohio Chapter President, PCS Vice President
Got the latest issue of The Professional Car today. I have to say that in my eight years here and all the back issues I have seen prior to that, this is the BEST issue yet. While I only glossed over it quickly, I cannot wait to read the articles. Brady, Walt and Tom hit it out of the park as usual, but this is EXCEPTIONAL! :applause:

Those 3 guys are PCS assets !!!

There has never been the quality of magazine that has been put out in recent years because of those 3 men.

:applause:

Darren

P.S. EVERYONE who has any part, large or small, in making the TPC happen, I salute you !!!

a very nice article featuring my favorite years of caddy. love the factory tour just looking at the pictures answered a lot of questions.

At 72 pages, including the covers, this is the largest issue that the PCS & has ever published. This issue covers the 1971 &1972 Superior Cadillac funeral coaches and ambulances. I know how much work went into this issue by Tom, Walt, and Brady, and they are to be commended for their hard work and dedication. It is my opinion, that our magazine is without a doubt the finest collector automobile magazine that is published by any car club.
:applause::applause::applause:

I echo the " well done" ! I especially enjoyed Tom McPherson's " The competition -1971-1972" article. In it, he quotes the price on a Miller Meteor Lifeliner at $16,347 in 1972. Want to guess what that amout is in today's dollars counting for inflation ?

$88,489.64​

OUCH !

since the cat is out as to what is in it. watch the cars in the assembly line. the big discussion we had a bit back on the nose color. here you see all kinds of different colored noses on the completed bodies. but what I can't figure out is why the front end sheet steel is not a least jammed the body color before it was assembled on the car. strange stuff. then the my car has never been fixed pictures of them doing a almost a complete restoration on a Assembly line what happened to this car. good stuff glad then could dig down to the bottom of the box and share these pictures with us. even more glad they had the forsite as young men to hang on to them. :applause:

I don't about the rest of you, but I always thought the '71 Cadillac body style looked ultra modern compared to previous years. When I went to work in the business the firm I was at had a black over baby blue '71 Superior landau, and the competing firm had a white '70 Superior. I thought ours was so modern in comparison.
A couple of years later I landed at a firm that had '77 and '81 S & S Victorias, and then they made the '71 Superior look old... but I still thought then, and think today, the '59's and '71's made the biggest design changes to more modern rolling stock...

Keep em coming!

Another great issue. Thank you to the staff at TPC for all of the hard work that goes into making this publication what it is.:applause:

I don't about the rest of you, but I always thought the '71 Cadillac body style looked ultra modern compared to previous years. When I went to work in the business the firm I was at had a black over baby blue '71 Superior landau, and the competing firm had a white '70 Superior. I thought ours was so modern in comparison.
A couple of years later I landed at a firm that had '77 and '81 S & S Victorias, and then they made the '71 Superior look old... but I still thought then, and think today, the '59's and '71's made the biggest design changes to more modern rolling stock...

I agree and THEN the 93-96's!

I don't understand how people across the country have received theirs and I am less than 3 hours away and still haven't gotten mine.

Boy did this issue bring back the memories. When I started in EMS, we were running a fleet of '71 Superior Cadillacs. One Superior 54 and four Superior Combinations. Around 1980, we got the Miller Meteor Lifeliner (Byrd) that is shown. We ran it for two years in Bucyrus before it was taken to Cambridge. It was a very comfortable riding and dependable vehicle.:applause:

Not exactly.

I don't understand how people across the country have received theirs and I am less than 3 hours away and still haven't gotten mine.

The magazine is mailed from the printing house in Jefferson City, Missouri. Be patient and hopefully it will be along soon.

Back