Precision Miniature 1959 Superior Cadillac Ambulance In Blue $195

Bill Marcy

PCS Member
I have had it for ten, or twelve years and now it is your chance to own it. Good condition, shows well, broken sideview mirror and antenna "see pics" Although you can't see it, there is minor crazing in the finish, may be typical.This is the rarest in blue, I was told. I think $195 plus shipping is fair, but you are welcome to make an offer. I accept cash, check, but prefer Paypal.

Attachments

• P1150884.jpg
    P1150884.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 734
  • P1150886.jpg
    P1150886.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 718
  • P1150882.jpg
    P1150882.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 760
  • P1150887.jpg
    P1150887.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 641
  • P1150885.jpg
    P1150885.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 764
I had a perfect white over blue one, but someone helped themselves to it when my real estate agent had an open house in So. Cal. back in 2009. I had put it away in a cupboard, so it's not like it was left out in the open. I still get PO'd every time I get reminded about that when I see one for sale. I also have the white landau and burgundy limo style funeral coach. Fortunately, they survived, even being in the same cupboard. Never figured out how someone could have carried something that size out of there unnoticed if the agent was paying attention to his potential "clients."

When crooks want what you have, they will find a way. I was told many years ago, that 2 men carried a canoe out of the LL Bean store in Maine without being caught. They got caught the following day, when they tried to steal the oars!

I don't buy the Greenlight Precisions, just the original Precision Miniatures. The Greenlights have definitely brought the prices down on the original Precision Miniatures, which I appreciate. With me, it's all about condition, not having been displayed, and in the original boxes. I now have the '59 ambulances in red/white, blue/white, & red/black(Chicago). I think that the white/white is as rare as the blue/blue. I have many of the hearses and combos as well.

When I listed my last house for sale back in 2002, I told the listing agent "No open houses, no lock box, and they personally had to be present for every private showing". It was the only way that I would list with them. With a lock box on the front door, you are basically leaving the front door un-locked! They accepted my terms and they were successful in selling it!

This one is made by Sunset Coach, whatever that is worth. I understand market values changing and condition, etc. Basically, I guess I will hold on to it, because I still enjoy it, I was trying to eliminate some things from the "clutter" if you know what I mean.

This one is made by Sunset Coach, whatever that is worth. I understand market values changing and condition, etc. Basically, I guess I will hold on to it, because I still enjoy it, I was trying to eliminate some things from the "clutter" if you know what I mean.

"keep it and enjoy!" I never get tired of looking at my models. Yes, they are more valuable if left in the box and never displayed, but what enjoyment does that bring? I dropped my white/blue 59 but I managed to make it presentable! So now I display a fixer-upper! Some day I will look for another at a bargain price! Currently there are 17 Sunset Coach Precision models displayed and every day my favorite changes! ha, ha

Has anyone that has a model from each ever compared them side by side to see what, if any changes were made? I'm thinking maybe that the shades of paint may have changed some, not sure?

Very nice Bill... and tempting, but I gotta ask, does it have an oil leak, or is that the appearance of the tablecloth?

Kent, you kid but I swear I did have a 1:18 Maisto 59 Cadillac Eldorado that leaked oil! I think the plastics were breaking down or something.

Greenlight Models

The Greenlight ambulances do not have any rear side window graphics. The Greenlight hearses have black interiors instead of the burgandy. Still, the models from both are still very nice.

Received blue '59 from Bill, it still has a transmission leak. Perhaps someone can recommend a plastic figure mechanic that is good with transmissions. Moses action figure attempted this morning, but that didn't go well, nor does he have a good working knowledge of transmissions:

Attachments

• moses 1.jpg
    moses 1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 290
  • moses 2.jpg
    moses 2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 281
Kent, your mechanic looks like Santa Clause, he is probably better off working on a sleigh.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this model as much as I enjoyed it. BTW, now you have two of my former cars. Happy Motoring!

Neat jack be careful taking things go that guy he has been known to split, things get mad and throw things, and pout for years about it.

You asked Moses to perform a miracle, however, you need more than a prayer to stop that transmission from leaking. Park it on some Wee Wee pads, and change them once a week.

Received blue '59 from Bill, it still has a transmission leak. Perhaps someone can recommend a plastic figure mechanic that is good with transmissions. Moses action figure attempted this morning, but that didn't go well, nor does he have a good working knowledge of transmissions:

Are you going to have it repainted to the 77 Miller/Meteor color?

Back