It runs, and it runs GREAT!

Tom Hoczyk

PCS Past President
The day I've been waiting for for about 6 months has finally arrived. Last weekend I got all the wiring and fuel line, etc., hooked up to my '39 Eureka LaSalle. Today, my friend Gene Menne, from the CLC, and I fired the car up for a few minutes (no radiator attached yet) and it fired right up and sounded great! Next weekend Gene and I should be able to reattach the front clip, which includes the radiator, and maybe even take the car for a spin, weather permitting. My plan is to drive it to Columbus this summer for CLC. Tom

Attachments

• 000_0897.jpg
    000_0897.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 219
Tom

Fantastic news !

The joy of hearing a car run after restorations, large or small, is awesome.

Really happy to hear your '39 and '60 will be out this summer after work being done to them both during the end of 2010.

Way to go,
Darren

There is nothing better after all the hard work and money, hearing it fire, and right up! Congrats and awsome looking car i will look forward to hopefully seeing it in person.:thumb:

Tom: Glad you got to fire it up. Hope it runs as nice as ours did and you have no trouble going to the CLC with it. John & Patti.

The day I've been waiting for for about 6 months has finally arrived. Last weekend I got all the wiring and fuel line, etc., hooked up to my '39 Eureka LaSalle. Today, my friend Gene Menne, from the CLC, and I fired the car up for a few minutes (no radiator attached yet) and it fired right up and sounded great! Next weekend Gene and I should be able to reattach the front clip, which includes the radiator, and maybe even take the car for a spin, weather permitting. My plan is to drive it to Columbus this summer for CLC. Tom

Wow...NICE weather in Indiana for this time of year!

Thank you all

Thank you all for your kind words and sharing the excitement of firing up what's essentially a brand new engine.

Yes, John, it sounds great, finally able to give your terrific engine some competition. But seriously, if not for meeting you and hearing your S&S in Flint, it would have been years before I made the decision to rebuild as I did. THANK YOU! (Hello to Patti)

Steve, it's awfully cold here, but I have a tailpipe hose that allows me to run the car inside my building. If it doesn't snow again, I may be able to take it up and down the country roads a bit. I bought new tires for it, so maybe a trip to the tire shop for installation would be in order.

Rocky, please send me your email so I can ask some questions about your '54. hoczyk@yahoo.com Tom

Attachments

• 39Eureka_Ringenberg.jpg
    39Eureka_Ringenberg.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 132
Back