Update from Auburn

Tom Hoczyk

PCS Past President
Last night I drove my '39 to the courthouse square in Auburn Indiana, where a huge annual cruise in occurs, part of the Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Festival. I met up with some friends who now have 4 hearses, but haven't yet joined the Society. Of course i encouraged them to join, and I think they will.

They own the '49 Miller combination that is visible in another Auburn post. Since seeing them a a year ago, they bought her a '64 M&M combination. Not a bad car at all, highly restorable. I also found out he bought a '49 S&S Victoria. Quesion: Does anyone here know of another '49 Victoria? I know a lot of cars, and don't remember ever seeing one. I have a standing invitaion to see the car, and may do it this weekend. Tom

Attachments

• DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 333
Tom, I came down I-69 from Michigan going to Indianapolis on Monday afternoon. Somewhere down thru there on the east side of the interstate there was another car auction place. They had a few tents set up on a lot and there were some old cars there. I want to say up around Ashley. Do you know anything about that one???

The RM/Auctions America (former Kruse Auction Park) site is on the east side of I69 at county road 11A. Worldwide Auctions site is also on the east side of I69, about 4 miles south. Both sites use large white tents, and both are visible from I69. RM also has several large buildings and parking lots, so it is hard to miss. Worldwide has mostly just white tents. Both are south of Auburn. I'm not aware of anything north of Auburn, but I suppose there could be a third player in the mix, since the proper audience is in town for the week.

Last night I drove my '39 to the courthouse square in Auburn Indiana, where a huge annual cruise in occurs, part of the Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Festival. I met up with some friends who now have 4 hearses, but haven't yet joined the Society. Of course i encouraged them to join, and I think they will.

They own the '49 Miller combination that is visible in another Auburn post. Since seeing them a a year ago, they bought her a '64 M&M combination. Not a bad car at all, highly restorable. I also found out he bought a '49 S&S Victoria. Quesion: Does anyone here know of another '49 Victoria? I know a lot of cars, and don't remember ever seeing one. I have a standing invitaion to see the car, and may do it this weekend. Tom

Tom, I know of a couple 49 Victorias. If you could, I would like some pics of it and a pic or info off the data plate. I have been trying to catalog all of the 49 S&S line since I own one and they seem to be pretty close to non existant. You see other coach builders way more than S&S in this year for some reason.

John, I knew you had the '49 S&S and thought of you when my friend mentioned his car. I plan on seeing his collection in the very near future, so yes, I'll definitely take pics and try to remember to write down what's on the plate. Tom

Tom post some pics if you can or at least send me one also. i also have a 49 along with john and would love to see it.

Todd is correct. Those are the only 2 auctions that I know of and I have been going to Auburn now for 20 years. I attended Auburn on Friday with Nick Bliss. We saw about 12 pro-cars and have pictures of all of them. The Auburn auction is now about 2/3 the size that it used to be but still really cool. I think the king of all auctions is now going to be the Mecum auction held at the Indiana State Fairgrounds earlier in the year.

Back