1976 Oldsmobile hearse - Adam & Hense?

An interesting car this week.

1976 Oldsmobile hearse - Adam & Hense?

For Sale 1976 olds hearse station wagon 455 auto 61,xxx original miles complete has title. Call Mike 414.258.0530 please ask for Mike. $ 850.00 obo.

Attachments

• 76 olds1.jpg
    76 olds1.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 901
  • 76 olds2.jpg
    76 olds2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,258
1976 oldsmobile

Thanks adam for the pic's too , on the 1976 oldsmobile did those cars converted to a hearse or first call vehicle retain the curved glass under that rear top . and it appears that it once had paneling on the side do to that trim
you really don't see too many full size clamback style wagons that gm made btwn 1971 through 1976

Thanks adam for the pic's too , on the 1976 oldsmobile did those cars converted to a hearse or first call vehicle retain the curved glass under that rear top . and it appears that it once had paneling on the side do to that trim you really don't see too many full size clamback style wagons that gm made btwn 1971 through 1976

My guess is the glass was taken out, and some steel was welded in. On a few other coachmakers, this is what they did.

I looked online at some GM wagons, since you mention the trim. All of the Custom Cruisers I saw with that same trim did have woodgrain. All but this one:

Adam__Hense_Hearse_1249.bmp

This gold Adam & Hense one also has something that the one for sale has. The chrome strip above the rear window looks to be thicker than the standard strip from GM. Maybe something the coachmakers had to do to account for the vinyl roof? This is a good picture of the standard chrome strip, and it also shows the side trim when there was no woodgrain:

989725-24-2-2.jpg

But, unlike the Adam & Hense car, the one for sale has much larger landau bars, a GM roof rack, and no forsted rear glass. So, I'm just guessing...

My guess is the glass was taken out, and some steel was welded in. On a few other coachmakers, this is what they did.

I looked online at some GM wagons, since you mention the trim. All of the Custom Cruisers I saw with that same trim did have woodgrain. All but this one:

Adam__Hense_Hearse_1249.bmp

This gold Adam & Hense one also has something that the one for sale has. The chrome strip above the rear window looks to be thicker than the standard strip from GM. Maybe something the coachmakers had to do to account for the vinyl roof? This is a good picture of the standard chrome strip, and it also shows the side trim when there was no woodgrain:

989725-24-2-2.jpg

But, unlike the Adam & Hense car, the one for sale has much larger landau bars, a GM roof rack, and no frosted rear glass. So, I'm just guessing...

I believe that the heavy chrome strips around the rear glass is an optical illusion caused by the padded top. I believe that they are the same on both vehicles. One thing that I did notice, is that this vehicle is where Superior sourced the back up lights that they used in the 1977 - 1979 downsized vehicles.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet this is an Adam & Hense coach and probably one of the last ones they built. I had never seen one this late in the production run, after they had changed to larger landau bows. It also makes sense that this car turns up in Wisconsin, which is the next state over from Minnesota.

Great find...thanks for sharing this, Adam!

OMG those back up lights look like the elusive ones I need for my 86 Lincoln S&S hearse. I now need to find a pair to take some measurements!

Looks like an ACC Arlington to me. There is one rusting away a few miles from me and it looks like this. And yes, the glass is still under the padded top (whats left of it).

Back