Meet dates

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I have it from a good source that the dates in the current issue of the Professional Car for the 2019 meet is wrong. Remember it's the last full week in june. Monday the 24-Friday the 28. Not to early to get in your reservations. Call the front desk direct 605-343-8550 state you are with the professional car society and you get the group rate. You may cancel up to 24 hours before the meet with no penalty.

Now really if you have any intention of coming out please reserve the rooms. This will help us with transportation numbers. I want everyone to have a seat on the bus.

Hamlin Keeps the Calendar

Please send the correct dates to Mr. Hamlin. He keeps the calendar for the magazine. We will get it fixed in the next issue if you send it to him. THanks Ed.

2019 PCS Meet

Hello

My wife and I are going on vacation to the US so that we can come to the meeting. We were wondering, if it is necessary to arrive on Sunday already or if it is possible to get there on Monday without missing something. On what day should we book our hotel and until what day should we book our stay?

Thank you very much for your help and kind regards from Switzerland
Gerard

Hello

My wife and I are going on vacation to the US so that we can come to the meeting. We were wondering, if it is necessary to arrive on Sunday already or if it is possible to get there on Monday without missing something. On what day should we book our hotel and until what day should we book our stay?

Gerard

Monday will be the meet and great and the cowboy supper so it will be up to you when you want to come in. the first bus tour will be Tuesday. we did this so that people could come in on Monday and not really be out a lot.
the host Hotel would like you to book ahead of time. you can do so today. and still cancel by Sunday the day before the meet is things change. I understand making the call from were you are might be a problem with the time and day difference. but as it goes into the front desk some one will be there 24-7. if you want me to I can make arrangements for you to do it by mail. it will be nice to meet you.

Reservation Made

Hello John

Thank you for your answer, we appreciate it! We just booked the hotel today by phone and we also already booked the flights.

We look forward to the meeting and to meet you and the other members of the club.

Kind regards
Gerard & Sylvia

Hello

Gerard

Monday will be the meet and great and the cowboy supper so it will be up to you when you want to come in. the first bus tour will be Tuesday. we did this so that people could come in on Monday and not really be out a lot.
the host Hotel would like you to book ahead of time. you can do so today. and still cancel by Sunday the day before the meet is things change. I understand making the call from were you are might be a problem with the time and day difference. but as it goes into the front desk some one will be there 24-7. if you want me to I can make arrangements for you to do it by mail. it will be nice to meet you.

Here you go Steve.

We are still working up the figures. I will hope to get them out next month so that every one has about 6 months to plan.

A lot has to do with the cost of getting to the meet. If you plan on driving, calculate the mileage, and figure out what it will cost in gas and tolls. Add in food and lodging if it is going to take more than 8 hours to arrive. Also, consider if your intended car is up to the drive. If not, consider a rental car. Then you can figure out how much it will cost per person for food and lodging at the meet. As a rule of thumb, you can figure about $125 a day for lodging including tax. Some meets are more, some a little less. Add to that how many days you plan on attending and what you plan on a food budget. Some can get by with fast food, and others will want fine dining. This is an individual choice.

The host hotel is the only figure we have now. It will be $160 a day with tax as i recall just under. Not home right now so can't look it up. There are no toll roads past Illinois if you take 80 across there is only the one there. What we haven't nailed down yet is the price for events. But will do so by the end of next month. I get a few more of the premeet Ts sold I will use that money for one of the bus trips. If you fly in there is shuttle service to the Ramkota from the airport. The host hotel is just off I90. The team will get together and post the cost. So we have that information nailed down.

A lot has to do with the cost of getting to the meet. If you plan on driving, calculate the mileage, and figure out what it will cost in gas and tolls. Add in food and lodging if it is going to take more than 8 hours to arrive. Also, consider if your intended car is up to the drive. If not, consider a rental car. Then you can figure out how much it will cost per person for food and lodging at the meet. As a rule of thumb, you can figure about $125 a day for lodging including tax. Some meets are more, some a little less. Add to that how many days you plan on attending and what you plan on a food budget. Some can get by with fast food, and others will want fine dining. This is an individual choice.

If you hit toll roads west of the Mississippi river, you are in Kansas and you made a serious wrong turn! Longmont, CO is just a stone's throw!

Yeah Rapid City is only about 4 hour drive for me I go up there at least twice a year... I just kind of want to get some details since it's going to be our family vacation this summer we are driving up the '05 S&S this year

I see on theprofessionalcarsociety.org the Meet agenda has been announced. Looking forward to it!

Come for the Gold!
Join us in Rapid City, South Dakota for the
2019 Professional Car Society International Meet
​June 24-28, 2019

Lobby of the Ramkota Inn
BEST WESTERN RAMKOTA INN
2111 N LaCrosse Street Rapid City, South Dakota 57701
605-343-8550

PCS room rate is $139/night + tax. Call the hotel directly for reservations.

The Best Western Ramkota Hotel in Rapid City, South Dakota is conveniently located off I-90, just minutes from Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Badlands National Park, Custer State Park, Reptile Gardens, Rushmore Mall, and Bear Country U.S.A. There's plenty to do right at the hotel too, as the Ramkota has a huge waterpark, 36,000 square feet of meeting, banquet and conference rooms, room service, exercise facility, indoor pool, restaurant, lounge, business center, a shuttle from the Rapid City airport (RAP), and is pet-friendly.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR THE MEET:
Your 2019 Meet hosts, Ed and Kandi Renstrom, with President and Mrs. Tony Karsnia in the lobby of the Ramkota
MONDAY: Registration opens. Get settled in and join old and new friends for a catered lunch at the host hotel.
TUESDAY: Bus tour to the Badlands, touring the headquarters, stepping back in time at the Prairie Homestead, touring the Minuteman Missile Park, and the PCS Board of Directors Meeting held at the host hotel.
WEDNESDAY: Bus tour to the Hot Springs Mammouth site, a tour through Custer State Park, Crazy Horse, visit the Borglum Museum, tour of Mount Rushmore including the lighting ceremony.
THURSDAY: General membership meeting and the Concours d'Elegence in downtown Rapid City in the evening.
FRIDAY: Tour Motion Unlimited Museum or take a drive to Deadwood. Friday evening is the PCS Banquet with awards and the light and sound show.

nice to have partners on the ball. thanks Tony and Kim. nether tour will be a early bird one. the bad lands one will leave at 0930 are turn by 7pm. the black hills tour at 0900 but it will be a long one. the lighting ceremony will not start tell dark and it lasts about one hr. that will put us back at around 10 pm. so we will reminding people to be prepared for that. Rushmore is at 6000 ft bring a light jacket or sweater. we want to leave you with plenty of time to see things In Rapid on your own. driving instructions will be handed out Monday for locale attractions.

Would monday be the best day to hit the salvage yards Ed? How many yards are "pedestrian fiendly"?

We will be running up red flags for help as things come up. The yards are about a mile down the road from the host hotel. So slipping down there will be easy enough. Tusday and wensday are the only used up days when we will be gone.

Back