FOR SALE: 1966 Cadillac-Superior hightop ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congradulations Dwayne. I knew she wouldn't last long. Thats the second car in the last month or so that got sold to someone in TX. Sounds like shes going to a good home.

Josh

Last edited:
This car is worth every bit of the asking price. I saw it in Hudson, Ohio at our International Meet. It sits high-it is straight it has low miles it comes with tons of parts. Putting regular Cadilliac wheels on it with period correct hub caps fixing the front bumper it's good to go.

Mark showed up friday afternoon to view the ambulance on his way to Toledo, very nice man and I hope you all get to meet him at future events with his Criterion! He and the two men with him all seemed to be very impressed with the ambulance. They picked it up this afternoon and are driving it back to North Carolina.
I hope Miamitown is as good to the new owner as it has been to me, I miss it already. The garage feels so empty with it gone now.

Dwayne, she made it down to North Carolina without a hitch.
I think we provided a lot of entertainment for the folks on the highway yesterday.
She will be on her way to Dallas after I drive her around for a few weeks.
Will try to send you some photos after the work is done.
Thanks for the deal.

Yes, it is; it looks 200% better in its "natural state."

No way Steve, old Miamitown looked 200% awesome with the mags!
(I know you like it better with the whitewalls & respect your opinion)

IMG_0698.jpg

Mark Van Arnum Thanks

Mark, My 1972 Oldsmobile C/B also went to Texas yesterday so should be some good parades in the State in the future. I did visit a Dealer in New Jersey last week and found a very nice International Travelall that is for sale if any one is looking. I shall start on the minor clean up and restoration of my 1972 GMC today.

Steve Apgar

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!lME6CWISze5BOkKRlWUZw~~60_3[1].jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!lME6CWISze5BOkKRlWUZw~~60_3[1].jpg
    85 KB · Views: 378
Travelall memories

Running an ambulance in Daytona Beach in the early 70's was wild and wooly.

Low top Travelalls with one beacon and two lollipop lights.

Small mechanical siren with foot switch on the left side, manual three speed transmission with clutch (obviously on the left as well). Couldn't blow the siren and use the clutch at the same time. Particularly a problem when making a turn through a big intersection and downshifting.

No AC, little in the way of cabinetry, or equipment for that matter. Suction was engine vacuum operated, could not aspirate when accelerating or going up a rise.

Running motorcyle accidents one minute, body transport the next.
Not exactly my fondest EMS career era!

I too had the "priviledge" of working in the corn binders. One was a 67, the other a 68. These were service built conversions, V8/automatics and they had roof mounted Q sirens, which when wound full out would bring the rotor lights almost to a stop. If the patient was over 6 ft tall, you had to bend their legs at the knees in order to close the rear doors. And when you had a second patient on an emergency stretcher, you squatted over the head of the patient on the emergency cot. Impossible to do any patient care on either patient and if it was a long rural transport, you knew you were going to need the Preperation H the next day.

Running an ambulance in Daytona Beach in the early 70's was wild and wooly.

Low top Travelalls with one beacon and two lollipop lights.

Small mechanical siren with foot switch on the left side, manual three speed transmission with clutch (obviously on the left as well). Couldn't blow the siren and use the clutch at the same time. Particularly a problem when making a turn through a big intersection and downshifting.

No AC, little in the way of cabinetry, or equipment for that matter. Suction was engine vacuum operated, could not aspirate when accelerating or going up a rise.

Running motorcyle accidents one minute, body transport the next.
Not exactly my fondest EMS career era!

While not wanting to hijack the '66 Cadillac thread, I will say that your description reminds me of Idus Willis' old fleet in Orlando!

Miamitown is still in my posession in NC, haven't sent it down to Dallas yet.
It now belongs to Jim McGregor, an ambulance dealer from Alvarado, TX.
He is going to do some paint and restoration work, and I believe keep it for some TX EMS shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back