1975 cadillac superior hightop Coldwater, MS

I have a 75 Superior 54 Hightop Ambulance that I looking to sell because, I need to help my mom out. I really wanted to keep this car because of it history and condition but family comes first. The car itself sat for a few years before I purchased it and brought it home. So it needs a good amount of work but not a rust bucket. I got it back put a fuel pump on it and got it running, still needs a good tune-up. It does have some spots that are started to come through on the old body work. The fuel gauge wants to read full when you crank the car, even though its not. I have driven it down the road and back and didnt have any major issues. I have few parts to come with the car as well including a good back bumper. I will get pics tomorrow that will better describe condition of the car. I wanted to see if there was any interest here before I sent it to ebay. I will post price with pictures.
Thanks
Chris

I do have a title, but I found out some bad news today. The motor is blowing oil, I thought it would stop after I changed the oil because it was over full about 2 quarts. I would like to get 2000 out of it, because I figure its worth that or more in parts. If someone wants I have a semi complete 76 superior hearse parts car with good motor for 500 more. The hearse has given a lot of parts up to the ambulance so its not complete and has not title to it.

Last edited:
here are the pics sorry

Attachments

• photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 912
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 864
  • photo(8).JPG
    photo(8).JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 907
  • photo(9).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 859
  • photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 858
more pics, the big rust spot is the bottom of the beacon they had on it.

Attachments

• photo(13).jpg
    photo(13).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 870
  • photo(11).jpg
    photo(11).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 881
  • photo(12).jpg
    photo(12).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 858
  • photo(16).jpg
    photo(16).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 866
  • photo(17).jpg
    photo(17).jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 836
  • photo(18).jpg
    photo(18).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 821
OK Kyle Martin! Here's your deal! You been wanting a high top and here ya go! Looks like a great deal even with parts car in the mix too! Wouldn't cost a lot to get it on out to Texas ether!

found some rust biggest part is the driverside floorboard

Attachments

• photo(21).jpg
    photo(21).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 706
  • photo(19).JPG
    photo(19).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 712
  • photo(20).jpg
    photo(20).jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 701
  • photo(22).jpg
    photo(22).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 699
How can you tell that it was built for export?

I can't. It appears to be a standard domestic car that was built for and sold through an exporter. It was destined for somewhere in the middle east, if I remember correctly.

Decatur Ambulance Service (Decatur, IL) eventually bought the car from either the shipper or exporter, painted it, and placed it in service. The only warning devices on it were the standard six flashers, so D.A.S. added the older #174-D, PA-20, CP-25s, and Fireballs as well as the ditch lights.

Here's a shot I took of Unit 376 in 1984 while in service at their Pana, IL station:

Attachments

• Decatur.jpg
    Decatur.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 358
Last edited:
Thanks for the updated information. Possibly that accounts for the car being painted a non traditional ambulance color... i.e. black.

My newest toy

As the proud new owner of this coach, I am really looking forward to getting this one home! My plan is to take it back to a color combo closer to what it was originally. It will either be completely black as it was originally, or black and white. Fortunately, the doors jambs and fire wall are still black! I also have access to a very complete '74 Superior 54" parts car close to home that can offer up some options/features that this one never had from the factory.

Congratulations on the new acquisition, Kurt. Good luck on the restoration, it doesn't look too bad!

Chris, thanks for offering it here so it stays in the club!

hightop

OK Kyle Martin! Here's your deal! You been wanting a high top and here ya go! Looks like a great deal even with parts car in the mix too! Wouldn't cost a lot to get it on out to Texas ether!
i didnt see the ad till today as ive been very busy. your right i would have bought it. please, if you see another one i might want i can be easily reached at trucksusa@yahoo.com..im gonna sell my eureka and my 63 limo and only gonna buy a hightop. im looking at a couple but they are done cars pretty much and the money is high. ill know the car when i see it especially if its a pont. or olds or even buick. gonna downsize as i wont live long enough to fix em all. sold my station wagon 2 weeks ago and our old van from the funeral home also. did buy a astro mini van with 46k miles only because of the miles and condition. and bought it rite. 1 owner van till now. sis hates it but hey its my money and cheaper than buying a regular van just for flowers and running around. plus cheaper ins. and better gas mileage. mortuary cot fits just fine and jose is making me a plywood removable tray for the stretcher so the floor will remain pristine. thanks for thinking of me. really appreciate it sir...

Back