Engine Decal placement

Does anyone have a diagram as to where engine decals are to be placed?

Tell me where these are supposed to be on the air cleaner.

TKS

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!hcE1iIvgPizBNjRiOHEMg~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!hcE1iIvgPizBNjRiOHEMg~~_12.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 437
  • $(KGrHqZ,!lYE3Hl0q(oOBNyLH6RpLw~~0_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!lYE3Hl0q(oOBNyLH6RpLw~~0_12.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 526
the keep your gm car gm goes on the side of the air cleaner. but I'm thinking the 472 is not a 73 tag it a 68 tag and would go on top of the air horn on one of them. the keep tag was normally on the right side towards the fire wall if I'm thing correct.

here is the the placement on the 73 and on the 75 and the air horn on the 68. now remember this was not a high priority job at GM so when putting stickers on neatness doesn't count. all you can see is the residue on the 73 the 68 I could not find the keep sticker or evidence of one on it. all that is left on the 73 was the glue on the right side. the sticker on the valve cover is only on the 73. some one pained ths engine gm corp blue but they taped off that sticker.

Attachments

• 1973 S&S enginbay.jpg
    1973 S&S enginbay.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 532
  • 1975  500 keep sticker.jpg
    1975 500 keep sticker.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 557
  • 1968 air horn sticker.jpg
    1968 air horn sticker.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 481
Thanks Ed, very much appreciated. I can now see the "472" sticker was not on my 73 even though the eBay seller said it was.

Thanks again.

COPY CAT! Had to be like me and re do your air cleaner too!!!!:whip::bonk:

I to ordered both decals and already have the white one installed. I'll just have to see if the 472 one (still waiting on it) will work or not as I didn't have one ether. Will make photo and post of air cleaner when completed!:specool:

There is a possibility they changed over the years or the line worker just got lazy, but the 472 sticker on my 68 was put on perpendicular to the snorkel, opposite of what Ed posted...

mine is painted on not a sticker. it's been one way to check for the year in the Junk yard for me. the first year "1968"was the only one with the gold top and the engine number as far as I know. the 71 I had did not have a 472 marker on the air cleaner of it. so we need to do more checking. but the keep sticker was on the right side.

Yes, the 472 decal is for '68. And it goes on the snorkel part. Pic below is from a 21,000 mile 1968 Caddy.

Attachments

• eng.jpg
    eng.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 2,465
Back