you can't go back

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
in between stuff on the 58 I trying to bring up the rigs I have around here that are mine. the former owner of the 72 made the attempt to put a radio in the dash. they did have the correct radio. but much to his dismay when they went to put it in they discovered that a GM delete in 72 was a little more then just a blank spot in the dash. the supports for the radio, the mounts for the speakers the wiring necessary to make it work were just not there. then cutting the hole in the aluminum backer by hand was not as neat as stamping it. I did thank my lucky stars that they did not start the project with chopping a hole in the fender for the antenna. now that I have the experience and the template out we can look for a better substitute then the piece of veneer I used. I have just enough left to do it one more time. but no way to re due the lettering. most will never notice that but once changed you can not get it all back the same. close

Attachments

• 1972 dash change.jpg
    1972 dash change.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0808.jpg
    IMG_0808.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 289
before you think I'm bragging. just let me point out the hole I punched threw the same plate to put the push button for the mechanical siren. remember only the alterations the other guy does are wrong!! the ones I do are OK.:rolleyes: to be fair and honest about it I did not have the proper rocker switch and name tag off a MM/CB that said horn siren. for a mechanical one that's what CB would have used. then you would trip the siren with the horn button. it would have been put here right next to the beacon switch on this car. what the toggle is to have been for is another mystery. it's in place but it has never been hooked up to anything. wait now did not Paule tell me that that switch in the same place on his 69 MM was the horn siren switch. :eek: we all get to smart to late don't we.

Attachments

• IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 207
Back