1962 Miller Meteor End Loader

Nice! Based on the amount of righteous cars you've let go, I'm convinced that you're only selling this so that you can continue your quest to own one of every hearse ever made.

Dan, the former owner in Canada told me that he scored it from a Salvation Army Hospital up there, which is much different from what we know in the US. I always thought it was a thrift store chain, but in Canada in the seventies and eighties, the Salvation Army actually offered ambulance and hearse services to those in need.

Ryan, ol' boy! Great to see you here, hahah! Man, I really DO try and hang onto them as long as I can as I genuinely love these great cars, but sometimes real life just gets in the way and the hearse circles are small. Sometimes folks hear about what I have and make me an offer that I can't refuse and sometimes they just come and go. I've gotten REALLY lucky at the fifties and sixties beauties that have come my way. Fortunately when one leaves my driveway, I've always found VERY worthy owners who proudly bear the torch and keep these cars rolling.

Wish I could get my '51 Superior side loader back. I know where it is but the guy won't sell and it's sitting in his garage in pieces. :(

Dan, the former owner in Canada told me that he scored it from a Salvation Army Hospital up there, which is much different from what we know in the US. I always thought it was a thrift store chain, but in Canada in the seventies and eighties, the Salvation Army actually offered ambulance and hearse services to those in need.

Ryan, ol' boy! Great to see you here, hahah! Man, I really DO try and hang onto them as long as I can as I genuinely love these great cars, but sometimes real life just gets in the way and the hearse circles are small. Sometimes folks hear about what I have and make me an offer that I can't refuse and sometimes they just come and go. I've gotten REALLY lucky at the fifties and sixties beauties that have come my way. Fortunately when one leaves my driveway, I've always found VERY worthy owners who proudly bear the torch and keep these cars rolling.

Wish I could get my '51 Superior side loader back. I know where it is but the guy won't sell and it's sitting in his garage in pieces. :(

Answers that question .Thanks I was thinking the same Salvation Army thrift store. :confused: With a hearse.

Good to see you here too! I don't know why it took me so long to join up. I'll join officially in the next week or so. I've been lone wolfin' it for a long time, and I'm in the process of looking to get mine restored, so I figured I'd see what's new with the hearse world. I know what you mean about having to cut some things loose. Life goes on right? You've definitely had some serious luck finding the cars you've owned, so I have no doubts you will have another soon. You seemingly go out for a walk and stumble across some crazy score. That '51 was one of the nicest hearses around. If you could get it back that would he amazing. Kind of a shame it's in pieces. Hopefully it gets put back together again. Or better yet, hopefully you can put it together again yourself one day. Good luck selling this one buddy

Drop me a line, bro. It would be great to be in touch again. :)

Just looking at pics of you and that righteous '58 of yours! Last time I saw it, it was pretty sweet!

For those that might be considering selling their coaches, I will say that I've gotten much more response from the ebay listing versus the Craigslist ad.

Just an FYI if it's helpful. :thumbsup:

Hey there, Kurt! It sold to what appears to be a funeral director and hearse collector in Salt Lake City, Utah.

That makes me very happy as it'll hopefully go back into service or at least be restored to the new owners standards. He'll have a great, classic coach to work with for sure.

As you saw in my description, I said that I would not sell it to someone who wanted to chop, slam or lower it. You wouldn't believe how many private messages that I got from indignant, would be buyers who demanded that I sell it to them to make their Ecto clones. I was glad to see that '59 MM go up for auction. I told all these would be tire kickers that I would not sell to them and referred them to the other auction.

Back