1960's Chevrolet Ambulance

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Tonight while displaying my 1969 MM ambulance at the Woodstock Fair, a man approached me and told me about an old ambulance for sale. He isn't the owner, but did have a picture of it on his phone. It is obvious that it has been converted for another use, but it is still an interesting car. It still retains the original etched glass rear side window. Do you recognize the body builder?

Attachments

• unknown Chevy.jpg
    unknown Chevy.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 344
I agree Kurt, but it is a good looking rig and well worth saving.

Good project for you Bill.. it is close by, and it looks quite solid in the picture. Mechanical parts are easy to get, and reasonably priced. It is a blank canvas with your name on it...:D

I recognize the lights on the roof as being taillights, and I am thinking that it is a Pontiac, however, I can't seem to find a picture of the various years. Do you recognize what vehicle they are from?

Wow! another builder!

Thanks to Steve Loftin and his wonderful archives! I had never heard of the Challenger Co.......much less from the Memphis area.

The Bloomington IL Fire Dept had a similar unit in the 1960s.......I wonder what company built it?

believe that those lights belong on a challenger. but then better late then a dollar short

Attachments

• 1963 challenger AACFD.jpg
    1963 challenger AACFD.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 93
Back