Put baby away

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
This time I decided to do my check off list before I put the car away. So we rotated the tires and rebalanced them,changed the oil and filter,put on a new air filter, adjusted the headlights and had the exhaust system replaced from the converter back. All most forgot we had to push one of the rear fiber optic lines for the rear lights back in. The one eye look was getting to me. Now if I can just remember to get the front door weather seals on when the get here she will be ready for the next trip. A little matanance now while I can remember might save troubles later. Will one can hope anyway.

no, that why I did it now. you put the car back in the garage or under the tarp and a year latter nothing is done. you can get your list out of the glove boxand look it over but it's still not done. the curse of two many cars. bad enough the stuff that just falls apart as it sits there, add the stuff you haven't gotten around to to it and troubles don't add, they multiply. it was indeed time we spent day or two tweaking this one. little thins like a heat has melted the glue of the script on the dash really drop the appearance of one. I remember that as I put the recite for the muffle in the glove box.

Attachments

• IMG_4133.jpg
    IMG_4133.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 230
the rest of the parts came in today so it was drop everything and get with it. got the weather striping on the front doors and put the new brake master cylinder on. nice to have brakes. I don't think we have been stopping on any thing but the rear brakes since we got the car. at least now we here this noise coming from the front that I have not heard before. strange how nice she stopped now. did the spray down with glass cleaner before we took the unit out so help with stray brake fluid. so as we were washing it off the sun and our angle were just right to see this.that explains the hard shift. the planetary gears shifting are a bang when it happens. the man told me when he overhauled it he drilled out a couple of holes for a more positive shift. bet this has been leaking since then. now maybe the gas mileage will come up a little.

Attachments

• IMG_3732.jpg
    IMG_3732.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3733.jpg
    IMG_3733.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3734.jpg
    IMG_3734.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3735.jpg
    IMG_3735.jpg