How dfficult to add this A/C system

Looks good same compressor as my Packard has. Bracket should be an easy make up. Like Ed says NEW!!! O rings everywhere save the heartbreaks of leaks. Watch how you route hoses keep them away from hot things. Sleeves over hoses where they get heat makes system work better. I would skip the electric fans that rig was designed for AC electric fans are redundant use only if you have problems. I do not think you will none of my 70s ever overheated in the summer with AC on. Good luck with the job. Oh yeah DO NOT open receiver drier box and pull caps off till you are ready to install you don't need Fla. humidity in it.

If heating issues are not a problem keep the fans in the garage. From the looks of things I don't see the condenser or received drier. White box?? If they were not in the kit be sure to test the condenser, replace the expansion valve and the O rings in every fitting. . The haing unit will easily cool the cab. That is what most of the ambulances used in back

New condenser in the white box and it gets a new drier too. This is strictly a cooling unit complete with all fittings, O-rings, lines, and such but no 134.a Freon. Compressor is pre-lubed with oil. Never had an overheating issue even in parades with everything on and what little a/c I did have with compressor operating still remained within normal temp range. I'll use then only if need be.

I talked with my mechanic this morning and the compressor is mounted (he fabricated a mount) and was in the process of removing the evaporator system. I'll be using it in the NSB Christmas Parade on Saturday and will get pictures. He says the system inside mounted under the dash does not allow a lot of leg room but as long as Terri is cool, she'll find space for her legs.

Save all the old parts, no matter how small or insignificant you think it is. Even the original bolts are important to someone doing a restoration.

A few pictures as to where we're at. Compressor mount complete.

Attachments

• a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 225
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 225
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 219
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 214
Your taking all that off but the heater AC unit from old time air was going to cost more to put in? You doing all you needed to to do to mount it.

I could see that. You doing everything you needed to do to put the old time air unit in and it came with the plank and the compressor that went in your mount. But this will make a. Nice clean unit when you get it done. Quit a change in the color over the years.

A/C is in and finally have cold air. Still need to put some sealant around the lines in to the cab.

Attachments

• aa1.jpg
    aa1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 216
  • aa2.jpg
    aa2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 212
  • aa3.jpg
    aa3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 213
  • aa4.jpg
    aa4.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 207
  • aa5.jpg
    aa5.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 199
A/C

I can now save all that illegal R-12. :rolleyes: :bitterCold::bitterCold:

Attachments

• 20170526_154919.jpg
    20170526_154919.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 206
R12 is not illegal, to own, purchase, or use! Thanks for perpetuating the myth. If it were not for people like you, others wouldn't think that it is liquid gold in a can, asking outrageous $$$$ for it....

A/C

R12 is not illegal, to own, purchase, or use! Thanks for perpetuating the myth. If it were not for people like you, others wouldn't think that it is liquid gold in a can, asking outrageous $$$$ for it....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt".[1][2] Sarcasm may employ ambivalence,[3] although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.[4] "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflection."[5] The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears.[6]

Calm yourself. Take deep breaths, have a sniff of complementary Oxygen from the torch over there.

Good Lard man, it ain't like the kids discovered R-290 and loaded the leaky AC system on the tractor with it.

It was merely coincidence DuPont's Patents on R-12 expired right around the time it became hazardous to the Ozone layer. I'm still waiting to meet the chemist who can explain how R-12 breaks apart in the Atmosphere, but the Government says it can, and I need a license to buy or sell it because of that.

Calm yourself. Take deep breaths, have a sniff of complementary Oxygen from the torch over there.

Good Lard man, it ain't like the kids discovered R-290 and loaded the leaky AC system on the tractor with it.

It was merely coincidence DuPont's Patents on R-12 expired right around the time it became hazardous to the Ozone layer. I'm still waiting to meet the chemist who can explain how R-12 breaks apart in the Atmosphere, but the Government says it can, and I need a license to buy or sell it because of that.

Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt".[1][2] Sarcasm may employ ambivalence,[3] although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.[4] "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflection."[5] The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears.[6]

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

Pickey, pickey, pickey
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4kWLUnorTU&feature=youtube[/ame]

Back