just for information

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
I picked up the paint for the 67 today. we are getting close to that time. just so you can see how thing have jumped. here is what 450 buck retail looks like. cost me 220 whole sale. no this is the cheapest singable stage urathaine that DuPont puts out. it not even middle of the road. but reasonable quality just way to much shine to look natural for me.

Attachments

• IMG_7627.jpg
    IMG_7627.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_7628.jpg
    IMG_7628.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 188
he is expecting his treat. one of those dogs you got to tie a pork chop around you neck to get him to play with you.

what gets me as with a lot of these products they went up over 100% when the oil there are made from was high. now that it's down they stay high:rolleyes:

We use all PPG products. Their top of the line base/clear materials are ridiculously expensive. $400-$500 just for a gallon of base. We recently painted a 1970's muscle car in the original pure red. The paint alone, not including the hardener, was over $950 for a gallon.

Today one had best figure a grand in materals for a paint job. But the other side of that cup has a drip of the firethorn met. Running down it. Did a 67 GTO in it when they had the two pack gloss harders for the acrilic enamel. I sure miss that stuff. Squirreled away enough to do my 53 in it when I found out they were discontinuing it g 3, years latter it's half the price of the cheap mechereny enamel. Just hope a keep enough

We use all PPG products. Their top of the line base/clear materials are ridiculously expensive. $400-$500 just for a gallon of base. We recently painted a 1970's muscle car in the original pure red. The paint alone, not including the hardener, was over $950 for a gallon.

And if you lived in California you can add on another 20-25%:eek:

The paint supplier told me that CT has a 100% tax on lacquer paint. If they can't outlaw it, they will tax it out of existance!!

they catch you seeking across the boarder with untaxed cigars Mae-ja-wana and lacquer. which do the arrest you for?

Back