Windshield for a 1988 Caprice Eureka Versailles conversion

Looking for a windshield for my 1988 caprice, Eureka Versailles conversion. Measurements are 29.3 x 62.5. Any info. On where to look would be very appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried Pilkington Glass? I got a new commercial glass windshield for a 67 Miller Meteor Cadillac ambulance from them, it was a good experience.

Front or Rear Wheel Drive???? It makes a difference

This thread might be of some help to you.... as well as the information from Keith Snyder. He is the ultimate authority on these cars. The full thread can be found here...

All RWD Canadian-built Eureka Cadillacs, Buicks , Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs and Chevrolets as well as those constructed in Norwalk - using the original McPherson styling and design - were fitted with the standard Cadillac commercial windshield - the same one used by S&S and Superior between 1980 and 1992. They are standard Cadillac commercial windshields. The surround moldings were standard Cadillac or GM windscreen moldings trimmed to fit - same as with competitive commercial glass cars.

That's a standard commercial windshield the same as was used in the 1977-1984 Cadillac commercial chassis or by Superior, S&S or Miller-Meteor. All RWD Eureka models - Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Chevrolet - all used the same windscreen - the same windshield as was used by Superior and S&S. Obtaining a replacement windshiled for this car should not be any more difficult than for another brand.

Front or Rear Wheel Drive???? It makes a difference

This thread might be of some help to you.... as well as the information from Keith Snyder. He is the ultimate authority on these cars. The full thread can be found here...

OK Paul, where have you ever seen an '88 Chevy Caprice that was a front wheel drive??

Thank you James Fisher for the Pilkenton Classic link. Carl sure knows his stuff. Part number they use is DW881 for the windshield. Got one coming thru Safelite. I will let the group know in a couple of weeks hopefully with photos on the outcome. Thanks to everyone else who replied to the post. The knowledge base on this site is second to none. Cheers

If Pilkington has a warehouse near where you live, and if there is a auto glass company that buys from that warehouse, then you might save a bunch of money if you let them order the glass for you, and install it. Pilkington ships glass to there warehouse at no charge to the installing dealers, or at least they used to. There was a member on this website that worked at Pilkington up till about a year or two ago. This is what he used to suggest to people to save on the shipping. If not, 2 windshields many times will ship for the same money, because the trucking companies charge a dimensional weight, not actual weight.

If Pilkington has a warehouse near where you live, and if there is a auto glass company that buys from that warehouse, then you might save a bunch of money if you let them order the glass for you, and install it. Pilkington ships glass to there warehouse at no charge to the installing dealers, or at least they used to. There was a member on this website that worked at Pilkington up till about a year or two ago. This is what he used to suggest to people to save on the shipping. If not, 2 windshields many times will ship for the same money, because the trucking companies charge a dimensional weight, not actual weight.

he states he has one coming thru Safelite which is an auto glass company so it appears hes ahead of you, Paul

The fright on a single windshield is a big factor. The problem most people have in ordering one threw there local distributor is there books do not go back far enough to come up with a number. But armed with that number they gan order it threw there systems. Saving you the fright. This one ordered threw a Safelite distrubitor​, it will be interesting to see who made the glass.

Pilkington Classics charged me $160.00 to ship a windshield for my 70 Rescuer to a local trucking company where I had to pick it up....
I felt this was a fair price with the price of the actual glass being less then I had seen elsewhere...Just my $.02 ;)

They will ship 3 for that money. I have paid it also. But any time I can save the money I will do so. The other trick is to have it dropped shipped to the shop that is going to put it in. Fight is sometimes cheaper to a commerical address

Sorry for the post in the wrong location. I will do better next time. Some good points on shipping. Insurance is picking up the tab. Windshield is $360.00 and $150.00 for shipping. Installation cost I'm not sure about. Thanks once again for everyone's helpful posts.

Back