68 Window Regulator

68 what. As each of the manufactures modified a regulator to fit there doors they are different from each other. You best bet is to repair what you have if you can. They are not a standard go to the yard and get unit. You will need one out of the aftermarket manufactures cars. Say if your's is a superior that's what you are looking for. A superior

If the window doesn't roll completely down, then the regulator is a standard 1968 Pontiac part, which might also fit backwards to 1967, and it is anyone's guess as to how far forward. It might have been modified by the coach builder, and if it is just a roller that has come off the end of the arm, then that can be replaced. There are more than a couple types of rollers, so you will need to check to see what type you have. If you take the door glass out, it would be best, since the glass is tempered, and it can break quite easily. If you are not familiar with this process, take it to a glass company that is familiar with old cars, and have them take the glass out, along with the regulator. They might even have rollers in stock to do the repair. If you break the glass, and it is a propriety piece of glass, then it will be a long time before you will ever find one, if ever. Err on the side of caution.

Update:

I just checked my Miller Meteor parts catalog, and the glass is 1965 through 1968, changing for 1969. The window regulator is a GM part, and Miller Meteor used it from 1965 through 1970. I will have to call my contact at GM to find out what division the part came from, however, I would be inclined to believing that it is a 1965 part, possibly from a Buick or Oldsmobile.

The bottom piece with the track is worn to the point that it keeps falling apart and allowing the glass to slide out. Best would be to replace the whole mechanism, other choice is to replace the worn bottom piece. Have been searching on-line but wasn't sure if it is a Fleetwood match or not. Thanks for all the learned info.

no need to change the whole regulate for the run channel being bad. they are two separate things. but first make sure it's not a roller broken or a screw out half the time if a rust issue. but the run channel can be rebuilt easily enough. like Paule said the rollers can be replaces. if you don't feel it a job you can do then drop it off at a glass shop. there are a couple tricks to getting them out but nothing any glass shop that has been around for 20 years won't know about.

I was looking threw my pictures and did not save any of the glass out of the 68 MM combo I had. not a lot of holes in the door on a MM, but with the trim pad and inspection covers off you should be able to see what the problem is. rubber the right was has the bottom track in bulk. but if the glass is falling off the regulator. odds are a roller is broken. they vary seldom wear out but if they rust tight, will wear a flat spot and that will let it drop off.

final found the pictures I knew I had them somewhere. this set of out of a 69 not a big hole to work thew but you need to open things up to get a good look at what your problem is. the run Chanel is held to the sash by the tabs and one screw each tab. one of them can be out letting that end fall out same a frozen or broken roller

Attachments

• IMG_4496.jpg
    IMG_4496.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 115
Back