Fed.Sig. Interceptor

I don't have any paperwork on the siren, just the siren and its speaker. I was wondering if it can be hooked to a 100W speaker, and get 100W sound? The speaker I have is a 58W, which came with it originally. It's not quite loud enough to move traffic, winter traffic. I'm sure in the summer it would be fine. I could have had a 200W speaker and a powercall, but I wasn't looking to show off, they require a siren with a red light. If they didn't, I would take it out. Just looking for tips.

The interceptor is a 58watt siren, putting a 100 watt speaker on will work, but not make it any louder. If working properly it should be plenty loud. Perhaps yours needs a check up. This is assuming you mean a PA20 not a PA 400.

like Scott said. you will how ever be able to get the full 58 watts out of the siren. if the other speaker has to high a impedance due to corrosion it my not be putting out all that goes in it. just remember to match the speaker to the siren. the federals took a 11 ohm speaker if I'm not mistaken.

Back