Criterion lights are flashing...

Hey hey hey!!!! Nice productive Sunday morning. Thanks to Larry Wilson and the headlight flasher they work beautifully!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dkWBsJS-tg[/ame]

That looks great, Richard! My Criterion doesn't have the red high-beams....but I think I might have to add them. I'm really impressed with that look. :applause:

your dogs don't look any more impressed then mine. but thats getting more like it. tackle the mess on the lifeliner next.

Back when I was active in this sport, the lights/sirens were a big draw. In Decatur in '88, a parade of about 2 dozen rigs with everything turned on circled the host motel twice at about 10 p.m. I think Dave McCamey was the one who videotaped the siege, and I made an audio tape of the event, which I copied and gave away to anyone who wanted one. I know I still have the video version, and the audio one must be around here someplace, tho God knows where. The most impressive rig I recall from that show was a '73 Superior hi-top from Bucyrus (" BEWCYRUS" ) Ohio, painted black and gold and outfitted with the most dazzling array of illumination and noise I have yet encountered. Sort of a 4-wheeled 4th of July. Don't know what ever became of it. And, yes, a certain Lifeliner was a participant in the parade.

I believe somebody posted on here that the former "Reeb Funeral Home" rig you refer to is somewhere down in southwestern Ohio... maybe Springfield, or down closer to Cincy.

Calling Mike Stevens.......your presence is requested on the forums.

Who in Bellefontaine ( "Bell-fountain" ) owns it now? Gee, going from one unpronounceable Ohio town to another. When we were motorcading from Dayton to Decatur in '88, someone going east on I-70 told his CB buddies that he had just seen a "Bucky-Russ" ambulance going west.

Who in Bellefontaine ( "Bell-fountain" ) owns it now? Gee, going from one unpronounceable Ohio town to another. When we were motorcading from Dayton to Decatur in '88, someone going east on I-70 told his CB buddies that he had just seen a "Bucky-Russ" ambulance going west.

According to the information posted.....Larry Robinaugh of Robinaugh EMS.

Thank you for the info, Russell. May try to find that fellow next time I am in Bellefontaine. Lots of trains running through Bellevue today?

Yestertday, Today, and hopefully Everday to come.....lots of trains moving around means lots of money being made. At times thwey are a real PITA, but I always just think positive about them.

Russell, I would love to have that PITA here in Galion!! This was a grat r.r. town once, but the train movements thru here 2day are only sporadic. During our last epic search in 2003 for a decent small town in this state in which to reside, my wife and I rejected Bellevue due to the horrible truck traffic thru there on the east-west main street. Your town still holds a warm spot in my heart, as it was the hub of the Nickel Plate Road, my all-time favorte r,r. In fact, I just now came downstairs to this machine after putting a model of NKP Berkshire 779 thru its paces on the model r.r. upstairs. The '64 M-M of mine that Ron is buying once had a model r.r. in it, specially carved out to fit between the forward end of the cot and the partition. Good to hear from you. Jim

Most, but not all, of the truck traffic is gone. A few years ago Ohio made a deal with the Ohio Turnpike that resulted in reduced tolls, and the increased speed limit. The other part of the deal was drastically stepped up enforcement by OSHP and DOT on the "back roads". Worked like a charm.

BTW, I prefer just plain ole' Russ, Mom used to call me Russell when she was really PO'd. Second point, half of our basement is an HO layout (currently undergoing renovation). One of my most prized locos is the 779. Did you know the "real" 779 is in a shelter in Lincoln Park in Lima????

Oh yeah, Russ, I know all about 779 in Lima. One of the finest men I have ever known, the late John Keller, former NKP conductor and Lima historian, is the one responsible for 779 being there. He died circa 2002, in his '90's, and right up to his passing, he went to the park where 779 is located, to check on her every morning. He called this ritual his "morning devotional." It was his entreaties to NKP brass in Cleveland that got 779 preserved. I grew up in Mincie, IN, and was lulled to sleep every night in the late '40's and early '50's by the strident exhaust beats and yelling whistles of the Nickel Plate 700's blasting through town. You are HO and I am O, but we are both Nickel Plated. I was able, back in 2002-3, to do a little work on the restoration of the 765 near Ft.Wayne. She is fully functional again, and the engineer's side cylinder head on her is from the 779, so Lima's last steamer is still rolling in part on her older sister. I wish the truck traffic mess had been resolved when I looked for housing in Bellevue. Galion has been a very mixed bag, to put it non-profanely. Very good to hear from you. Hope yer signals all come up green. Jim

We actually saw the 765 last year at the Railfest up in Owosso, MI., she was pulling the excursion train that weekend. If anybody ever made a prettier locomotive, I sure as thunder haven't seen it. Massive beauty and grace, and no, the Daylights aren't better.

Back