1958 Franklin

there we go we all can bid a dollar and say we bid on it. so whats the black line across the body took me a bit to figure it out

Attachments

• 1958 frankland.JPG
    1958 frankland.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 508
If you check some of the bidders, you will see bid retractions. I think that a bidder pushed the auction to see where the reserve was, and then retracted his bid.

OK, I don't see that, but I checked again and now it says it did sell (and met the reserve) for $7200.

Interestingly, I offered him more on the phone a few weeks ago and he wouldn't take it.

Oh well, I hope it is going to a good home. Or that it comes up again.

Steve....... you know that you want that car, so why don't you just buy it. If you let it go because of the money difference, you are going to regret it down the road. Todays prices are not going to go down, and it will make a great addition to your collection. I made this mistake once, by not making the deal because I thought that it was slightly overpriced, and in the end, I was wrong, and the person that did buy the car, then resold it a few years later for more than double what he paid.

Oh, if it was only the money difference that was the problem, I could surmount that...

I can't save 'em all. I hope someone else will save this one.

OK, I don't see that, but I checked again and now it says it did sell (and met the reserve) for $7200.

Interestingly, I offered him more on the phone a few weeks ago and he wouldn't take it.

Oh well, I hope it is going to a good home. Or that it comes up again.

Oh, if it was only the money difference that was the problem, I could surmount that...

I can't save 'em all. I hope someone else will save this one.

What has changed in such a short time? If it is room that you need, I know that I have room at my home for the Buick ambulance from the steel mill, if that will help you find the room for this one...

Placed my bid so I can see where it is going again, this time. I believe that this is the 5th or 6th time that it has been listed, depending on how you keep count. It is listed presently with a $8000 Buy it Now, and in another reserve auction is also running. Each time, the ending price is lower than the last time or has no bids. Must be quite annoying to the seller, to keep listing the same car, to see that it doesn't sell. I remember an ambulance i Alaska that was listed quite a number of times like this.

1st time... $7800 end bid 16 bids May10, ended
2nd time...$7200 end bid 16 bids May 25 ended
3rd time.. $9000 opening bid . 1 bid Jun 07, 2013
4th time...$9000 opening bid.. no bids Jun 27, 2013
5th time...$8000 opening bid.. no bids ends July 6
6th time... $1000 opening bid 5 bids ends July 10

Apparently the Buy It Now auction has ended. The Franklin was also listed on Craigslist for $12500

Back