NM hunt: Lincoln limo

In San Fidel, I visited a property where a '35 Pierce Arrow 8 door airport limo existed 5 years ago. It ended up selling about a year and a half ago, going to WA state.

The property owner mentioned further leads. A '60 black landau hearse in nice shape sitting behind a small tow company about 50 miles away didn't pan out. That coach sold late last year. Wonder what coach builder and where it went? Allegedly it wasn't far removed from service. Given time this may surface again.

The other lead was a pretty damn cool place in Grants with about 1000 cars. This Lincoln was the only procar.

dsc02411v.jpg

dsc02412i.jpg

The brother (Ken) of the owner gave permission to roam around -but not to open hoods, doors, etc. He says that the Lincoln runs very well and has a clear title. Interior was in much better shape than the faded paint and torn vinyl top. Anyway, Ken says that his brother would sell it if someone was interested. I didn't inquire further but you may @ 505.285.5000.

Forgot to mention ~

Ken gave a procar tip as well. According to him and his boss, there is a '59 or '60 Oldsmobile hearse that a local in San Rafael owns. It broke down on the owner within the last few months and it was parked on his property, visible from the road (US 53).

I drove up and down this tiny town covering it entirely twice before stopping in at the Post Office to ask. The employee working there knew nothing about cars and was of no help.

So if you happen to be in the area - look. Pretty sure this one is still around. It had probably been moved on the property and wasn't visible from the road when I passed through.

Back