'94 S&S Victoria in FL

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I love to black interior and extend table!! I just don't love the white body color on a Victoria. White would probably look better on a Masterpiece.

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 203
What is up with the landau bars? That's the first thing I noticed, they look like they are a custom job, and do not even sit where they should. The top of the bar sits well above the drip rail, which is not right. So its been slightly "molested".

Did they have two different sizes of bars? Like a set for the Masterpiece and Medallist and one for the low top Victoria?

Did they have two different sizes of bars? Like a set for the Masterpiece and Medallist and one for the low top Victoria?

No. They used the same bars on all of them, and had the same look since at least the 50s. As I mentioned earlier, not only does it not sit right, but the bar does not even look like what S&S used. S&S would have a solid bar, and with the exception of the stainless buttons and center section they would have been painted body color. These bars look like two thin metal rods making a landau bar shape with the center open (showing the vinyl top in between). Its possible its a one off request from the buyer, but I couldn't see S&S making it a length where they had to change the mounting holes on the car. Something is just very fishy about this.

Last edited:
Bars

Stock pic, they do look a little different.

Attachments

• 35-19.jpg
    35-19.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 35-20.jpg
    35-20.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Dan, thanks for posting these pix so others that are not familiar with these can see what they should look like.
I sent a Message to Joe Bunn to see if in fact they are a custom order request, or done later in the coaches life as I suspect. We all know the oddball things coachbuilders do sometimes for the customers, so anything is possible.
Aftermarket or not, I do kind of like the looks of them, except for the improper placement.
At least the uneven drapes from one side to the other and inside out loading door drape is an easier fix :)

Last edited:
I just heard back from Joe. Just as I suspected, this coach did NOT leave S&S with those landau bars. Also, it left as a BLACK coach with Black Tuxedo top. So, wrong landau bars, and a repaint with a color change, and new top, I would say its been molested somewhat.

I sent a message to the seller about the color, and if it was original, and here is his reply...

I've seen no evidence that it was a different color, even the underside of the hood looks factory. So if it was another color, someone did a hell of a job changing it to white. However, anything is possible. Thanks... John.

Now, the question is... How did Joe determine the cars heritage.. was it by the VIN?

To add to my last post. I did get a reply from the seller. He told me he added the chrome edges to the landau bars because he thought black bars on a black top looked cheap (again even further proving this coach was black originally), but he still says they are in the proper location because it would be a great expense for someone to put a new top on it. Obviously he don't realize its not that expensive and new tops are put on these all the time, it may have gotten done when it was re painted, which is also a great expense :) I guess we should be glad they ended up back on the correct sides.

Back